S
smallcat
Guest
I feel like such a soft-hearted rag. I checked the news online yesterday and saw some awful, cold-hearted story of child abduction and murder. I won’t go into the details here, but the things this poor child had to suffer, and at the hands of people he trusted completely… he was like a little lamb being led to his slaughter, and it makes me weep just thinking about it. And I’m having a hard time not thinking about it.
I think part of the reason it hit me so hard is that this little tyke looked so much like my own toddler. I can’t imagine the pain of his mother, who let him out of her sight for a second… please say a prayer for all involved, and let me know how you deal with emotionally heart-wrenching news stories. I’ve considered staying away from the news entirely, but that’s not really feasible.
I think part of the reason it hit me so hard is that this little tyke looked so much like my own toddler. I can’t imagine the pain of his mother, who let him out of her sight for a second… please say a prayer for all involved, and let me know how you deal with emotionally heart-wrenching news stories. I’ve considered staying away from the news entirely, but that’s not really feasible.