R
reff
Guest
I’ve been dealing with a serious addiction to prescription pain medication for quite some time. I was prescribed Tramadol about a year ago, I only took it when I was in severe pain and it helped. I wouldn’t even take it everyday. Only a few times a month if even that. One thing lead to another and I started taking two a day, than four, and now I’m up to six a day. The addiction is really bad. If I don’t take two in the morning, than by noon I’m having terrible withdrawal symptoms. I have restless legs, flu-like symptoms, vomiting, and diarrhea. It’s terrible dealing with. I’m always asking for refills from my doctor, to keep my daily supply going. I’ve spent so much money on prescriptions. The worst is when I completely run out over the weekend, then I have to deal with the terrible withdrawals. This has taken a toll on my life. If I’m unable to take two in the morning before class, than I can’t handle even going, and I stay home. I’m so weak that I just want to lay in bed, but with the restless legs I have to keep pacing around the house, now even when I get up to walk, I still get the restless legs. When I asked my doctor for medication for the restless legs, when I tried to stop taking the Tramadol, I took it before bed and almost had a panic attack. Not only did it make the rls worse, but I felt like I was going to explode inside. Has anyone here dealt with something similar? And if so, how did you deal with the withdrawal symptoms? If I just stop cold turkey, how long will I have to endure these terrible withdrawals?