Dealing with the Fear of Change

• Thread starter Thread starter T.A.Stobie_SFO
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Meggie:
As someone who is leaving for college in the fall…I will tell you when I get there how change works for me …
Meggie, I posted a response to your post on this new thread “Advice about Going to College”

Most changes we undergo in life, we have some control, but not total control over and in many cases the fact that we are changing something that we can not stop.

Here, we need to do our part, facilitating the change to be as beneficial as possible.

For instance, aging. We all age and it has its effects on us. We can however by taking care of our body, mind, and soul, limit the negative aspects of the aging while building on the benefits.

Our spiritual lives are ones where we are called to change continually to love God even more and serve him loving. Often in our spiritual growth, God has most of the control with most of His plan unknown to us, and we must present God the opportunities to work and surrender to His plan.

Do we have any solid reasons for fear in this case? God’s plan for us is extremely beneficial for us and those around us, it is well planned even though we do not know the plan, God’s execution is flawless, and our execution is up to us. There is no reason to be afraid.

And most of us remember this prayer. It comes in handy

The Serenity Prayer

:gopray2:
**God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. ** :gopray2:

40.png
Unvrsl_Sldr:
Dealing with fear of change can best be combated with prayer!

I would say, Pray, Pray, Pray and Pray!

After that, psychologically and spiritually, you will be more confident to just trust in God.

hope this helps,
God Bless
That’s my answer, too! I try to join in the celebration of the Mass as it’s my little bit of heaven in the midst of daily life with all its changes and whatever turmoil. The Spirit hovers over my chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back