S
SirEwenii
Guest
I’m going to prefix my comments saying that I’m interested primarily in answers from Catholic who also hold to the theory of evolution- I don’t want this to end up as an evolution debate. Of course I can’t restrict who responds but I’m mostly interested in hearing views from people who hold- in whatever form, the theory of evolution (as I do).
How is it that you can reconcile the theory of evolution to the idea that human mortality came with the fall? If Adam and Eve had evolved bodies and were infused with an immortal soul, were their bodies immortal?
Also perhaps if you hold to a part theory of evolution- that Adam and Eve were created separately but the other animals evolved, did animals die before the fall? Are we allowed to believe that they did.
Thanks in advance, I have been confused of late.
How is it that you can reconcile the theory of evolution to the idea that human mortality came with the fall? If Adam and Eve had evolved bodies and were infused with an immortal soul, were their bodies immortal?
Also perhaps if you hold to a part theory of evolution- that Adam and Eve were created separately but the other animals evolved, did animals die before the fall? Are we allowed to believe that they did.
Thanks in advance, I have been confused of late.