C
Celtic_Maiden
Guest
You should go on I tunes and listen to Steve Ray about the Rock and what it means.My friend/next door neighbor has a very good heart, and he is a very loving person, I know if he was catholic, he could be a great saint. We have been debating about certain topics, he has actually agreed with some things, but the number one thing we have been discussing is the authority of the Pope, Matthew 16:18, he keeps telling me that Jesus was referring to himself as the rock and not Peter, even though the word peter means rock. I don’t want to push him away by just trying to prove him wrong, I want to bring him into the faith, are there any good arguments I can go on? What is the origin of the word “Pope” and why did we first use that word for the Vicar of Christ? Prayers appreciated too.![]()