P
PLeeD
Guest
I would disagree with me too if my attempt was to “sum up the Protestant view of baptism and salvation”I would have to disagree with the assessment that PLeeD’s post sums up the Protestant view of baptism and salvation.
What I summed up was the reasoning for not practicing infant baptism. My summation was the same as your longer version, specifically that an infant is not capable of repentance, and so baptism is no more effective in that case than if an adult was baptized against his will.
All of your bible quotes are to the point. I agree with what you wrote, up to the point of this:
If that was what I had asserted, I would again disagree with myself.Lastly I disagree with PLeeD’s assertion that people can benefit from grace acting outside faith Eph. 2:8.
I was referring specifically to cases such as the Centurion’s servant, where the grace for healing came through the faith of someone other than the one who was healed. I liken this to intercessory prayer. In this case, grace is not acting outside faith. Grace is acting through the faith of those other than the one on which the grace is bestowed.
And so, there is no doubt in my mind that healing in mind, body, and spirit can come to the unbeliever through the faith and prayer of believers. I don’t think you would say anything different?
Same for AoG. I’m not aware of any significant differences in belief or practice between CoC and AoG.In closing, while the CoC has a definite doctrine of salvation, no one is turned away from our worship and no one affirming that they are a Christian is denied communion.