Decoded on History channel: "Vatican is corrupt"

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maria1993
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only is the Vatican corrupt, the Catholic Church was started by aliens. The history channel wouldn’t lie would they? The question that I want answered is this. Were the aliens who created the Catholic Church the same ones who built the great pyramids?
 
Wait, you’re telling me the Vatican has been led by humans?!? How horrible! :eek:
 
These people will do anything to sell a book or get on t.v. I guess selling your soul is that easy :o
 
Not only is the Vatican corrupt, the Catholic Church was started by aliens. The history channel wouldn’t lie would they? The question that I want answered is this. Were the aliens who created the Catholic Church the same ones who built the great pyramids?
Actually they are. And they are the same ones who invented stuffing for turkeys 👍
 
D’oh…careful reading would have helped…😊

Knowing what I know about “History” Channel shows, though, I still say there is a high probability this guy was a crazy conspiracy theorist. 😛
This is the same channel that presents UFOs and Bigfoot as being real. :rolleyes:

Keep in mind that the Catholic Church is a perfect institution made up of imperfect people. That entity called the “Church” can never be corrupt as Christ promised (…and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it. -Matt 16:18) however fallible human beings who are members and even leaders of the Church can indeed be evil.

Of course this is what I call the Plane Crash Theory. The media only reports about plane crashes that occur on rare occasions and not about the 1000s of planes that takeoff and land safely everyday. But judging from the news alone, you might be lead to believe that flying is dangerous. :eek:

But I’d like to ask these people: OK, so some pope in the middle ages kept a room full of concubines. What does that have to do with today?

Likewise, stories about corruption in the Church are what sell books. “Nice” stories about the Church don’t. I’ll leave it at that.
 
The History Channel (and I am using “history” here only as a title) is what people watch who want to pretend they are above those watching “Smarmy Housewives of Schenectady” or whatever. It’s just junk for the most part.
 
The History Channel (and I am using “history” here only as a title) is what people watch who want to pretend they are above those watching “Smarmy Housewives of Schenectady” or whatever. It’s just junk for the most part.
All the “educational” stuff is shown during the day when no one is home to watch it. The primetime shows are all junkfood for the mind.
 
All the “educational” stuff is shown during the day when no one is home to watch it. The primetime shows are all junkfood for the mind.
That is why I spend more time at the computer than watching TV shows, especially ones from the West. A lot of Western shows these days are very idiotic.
 
I was just watching “Decoded” on the History channel. It was about the Vatican. I didn’t watch all of it, but a guy was basically saying that the Vatican is corrupt and has been throughout history, (not the exact wording but something along the lines of that) and they were talking about Pope John Paul’s death a month after he beca
me pope, and something about a nun that had to take an oath of silence.

What do you say? Is the Vatican corrupt? :confused: Or is this more liberal media crud?
Judas Iscariot was corrupt and even betrayed his own master for money. Does that many our Lord’s chosen twelve were corrupt? In my understanding it only means that wherever there is good there can be infiltration of evil to the extent of one in twelve.
 
I remember having my liberal faithless friend over once, and I was telling him about the Dialogue of the Carmelites, and I even had the movie clip up where it showed the French liberals of the Reign of Terror beheading all of the nuns. It was a horrific scene.

Yet, my godless friend kept on ranting and raving about the Church’s corruption, not even seeing all of those nuns getting their heads chopped off.

The world is blind. When horrible things happen, the blind world won’t even recognize any of it.
 
Like I can’t believe when you point something out that happened in history, the go to line is that well still priests touched little boys. After all the contribution, after who was sin on the whole anti-Catholic sentiment in the U.S as well as anti-Mexican during the time of the Christiados, still it does hardly anything.
 
I watched this episode on netflix and he also said, and i may be wrong but it costs money to have an audience with the pope. I got $2.00, anyone wanna pitch in and hang out with the pope?
Dude, I’d pitch in for that. I think that would be awesome.
 
All of them are.
You don’t like cowboy shows!! That’s inhuman. They are the classic good vs evil story. Sure some of the ones produced after the 50s had corrupt themes but the genuine cowboy flick is great. Most of them were relatively innocent, a little violen but usually the good guys win. :eek:
 
You don’t like cowboy shows!! That’s inhuman. They are the classic good vs evil story. Sure some of the ones produced after the 50s had corrupt themes but the genuine cowboy flick is great. Most of them were relatively innocent, a little violen but usually the good guys win. :eek:
I’m talking about the current stuff.
 
I’m talking about the current stuff.
Agreed. Pretty awful. I don’t watch anything made after about 1960 unless I can find a review vouching for it moral content. And I stopped watching T.V. over a year ago. Makes a lot more time to read philosophy and do battle here. 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top