A
Antonius_Lupus
Guest
Dear brethren,
I have recently been troubled by various arguments made by some “Catholics” (I use that term very, very loosely in this case) that the new rite of episcopal ordination of the Pauline liturgical reforms is not valid.
Naturally, if such a statement is true, it has dire consequences for virtually all of the Roman rite bishops today, as most have been ordained with the new rite and would thus not be true bishops.
This then means that most priests are not priests and the sacraments are not real sacraments.
And the worst part: we don’t know that they’re not.
Naturally I can see the conspiracy-theory nature of this, and I have chosen to believe that the new rite is valid.
However, I am at times filled with doubt and I am disturbed by those doubts as to whether the Holy Eucharist (or another sacrament) that I am receiving is truly valid. The reason I doubt this is because I have not been able to find a definitive response to the assertions that the new rite is invalid.
While I have chosen to believe in the validity of the new rites, I am hoping to find some information to settle my intellectual uncertainty.
Can anyone help me with that?
I have recently been troubled by various arguments made by some “Catholics” (I use that term very, very loosely in this case) that the new rite of episcopal ordination of the Pauline liturgical reforms is not valid.
Naturally, if such a statement is true, it has dire consequences for virtually all of the Roman rite bishops today, as most have been ordained with the new rite and would thus not be true bishops.
This then means that most priests are not priests and the sacraments are not real sacraments.
And the worst part: we don’t know that they’re not.
Naturally I can see the conspiracy-theory nature of this, and I have chosen to believe that the new rite is valid.
However, I am at times filled with doubt and I am disturbed by those doubts as to whether the Holy Eucharist (or another sacrament) that I am receiving is truly valid. The reason I doubt this is because I have not been able to find a definitive response to the assertions that the new rite is invalid.
While I have chosen to believe in the validity of the new rites, I am hoping to find some information to settle my intellectual uncertainty.
Can anyone help me with that?
