Defending the Rosary

  • Thread starter Thread starter EphelDuath
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t talk to angels. I talk to God
Mary did. Gideon did. Samson’s parents did. Zechariah did.

You really don’t get sarcasm, do you?

I’m saying the angel used the same words to address Mary. By your logic, he was wrong too.

Besides that, we’ve already showed you that Jesus himself repeated prayer. Where’s your answer to that?
 
Mary did. Gideon did. Samson’s parents did. Zechariah did.

You really don’t get sarcasm, do you?

I’m saying the angel used the same words to address Mary. By your logic, he was wrong too.

Besides that, we’ve already showed you that Jesus himself repeated prayer. Where’s your answer to that?
Did He do it 52 times like in the Rosary
 
Did He do it 52 times like in the Rosary
Which brings us to the next question. How many times before it becomes wrong? He prayed three times the exact same words, according to Matthew. That’s already repitition. What makes three okay and 52 wrong? What’s the magic number?

And if 52 is a problem, remember that in heaven, the same prayer goes on day and night WITHOUT CEASING. Is that wrong too?

How many times does repetition become a problem?
 
Which brings us to the next question. How many times before it becomes wrong? He prayed three times the exact same words, according to Matthew. That’s already repitition. What makes three okay and 52 wrong? What’s the magic number?

And if 52 is a problem, remember that in heaven, the same prayer goes on day and night WITHOUT CEASING. Is that wrong too?

How many times does repetition become a problem?
Ooh! Ooh! I know this one! When it becomes vain!
 
Which brings us to the next question. How many times before it becomes wrong? He prayed three times the exact same words, according to Matthew. That’s already repitition. What makes three okay and 52 wrong? What’s the magic number?

And if 52 is a problem, remember that in heaven, the same prayer goes on day and night WITHOUT CEASING. Is that wrong too?

How many times does repetition become a problem?
I know this: I hear my dad saying grace before a meal and it seems meaningless(bless us O Lord)
I hear a member of my church say grace to bless the meal and it takes on a whole new meaning because the person is actually talking to God thanking Him for the food sort of making it up as he goes along. Try it next time you’ll see the difference.
It is the same with the Hail Mary I sais it thousands of times and it became meaningless like Matt6:7
 
I know this: I hear my dad saying grace before a meal and it seems meaningless(bless us O Lord)
I hear a member of my church say grace to bless the meal and it takes on a whole new meaning because the person is actually talking to God thanking Him for the food sort of making it up as he goes along. Try it next time you’ll see the difference.
It is the same with the Hail Mary I sais it thousands of times and it became meaningless like Matt6:7
But it’s not about the Hail Mary, is it?

It’s about the meditations on the life of Christ.

Is that meaningless?
 
But it’s not about the Hail Mary, is it?

It’s about the meditations on the life of Christ.

Is that meaningless?
If you were meditating on the life of Jesus why wouldn’t you just say Oh Jesus thank you for your death on the Cross etc,etc.
 
If you were meditating on the life of Jesus why wouldn’t you just say Oh Jesus thank you for your death on the Cross etc,etc.
Because we meditate on 20 events of the life of Christ…not just one.

Why do you read all of the Gospels instead of just reading the passion narratives?

😃
 
Because we meditate on 20 events of the life of Christ…not just one.

Why do you read all of the Gospels instead of just reading the passion narratives?

😃
Why couldn’t you say 20 different prayers to Jesus one for each event?
 
I know this: I hear my dad saying grace before a meal and it seems meaningless(bless us O Lord)
I hear a member of my church say grace to bless the meal and it takes on a whole new meaning because the person is actually talking to God thanking Him for the food sort of making it up as he goes along. Try it next time you’ll see the difference.
It is the same with the Hail Mary I sais it thousands of times and it became meaningless like Matt6:7
The problem is that you’re extrapolating from personal anecdotes and assuming that everybody who prays a scripted prayer isn’t “really” talking to God. And that just isn’t accurate. Some of us mean prayers will all our hearts even though we didn’t write the words. Again, I didn’t write my wedding vows, nor make them up on the spot, but I meant every word when I said them to my wife.
 
Why couldn’t you say 20 different prayers to Jesus one for each event?
Surely you know that a rosary is five decades, so I presume what you really mean is that we should say five different prayers on five different events. Is that what you mean?
 
The problem is that you’re extrapolating from personal anecdotes and assuming that everybody who prays a scripted prayer isn’t “really” talking to God. And that just isn’t accurate. Some of us mean prayers will all our hearts even though we didn’t write the words. Again, I didn’t write my wedding vows, nor make them up on the spot, but I meant every word when I said them to my wife.
So you’re saying when you pray the rosary your mind never wanders to other things? Well you are a better prayer than me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top