A
ac_claire
Guest
Recently a Jewish temple was invited by the pastor of a church I attend to hold their High Holy Days services for the month of Sept. at our church. The original thread about it can be found here.
There were some comments made about how accomodating these non-Christians and their worship services in charity might include covering up the statues, altar and stations of the cross so as not to offend the visitors, who-- again-- are not themselves Christian. I was a little shocked to hear this view and asked for clarification, but it was never addressed further.
The way I see it, this public acceptance of /respect for a group’s rejection of Christ amounts to being ashamed of our religion. Or at least, of ackowledging the validity of other faith traditions that don’t accept Christianity. Yes, we are called to be charitable to all, but are we called to publically give the impression that rejecting/ignoring Christ (in His own house no less) is somehow ok? How is this evangelizing? It made me think of this verse: For I am not ashamed of the gospel: it is the power of God for salvation to every one who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. (Romans 1:16)
Any thoughts?
There were some comments made about how accomodating these non-Christians and their worship services in charity might include covering up the statues, altar and stations of the cross so as not to offend the visitors, who-- again-- are not themselves Christian. I was a little shocked to hear this view and asked for clarification, but it was never addressed further.
The way I see it, this public acceptance of /respect for a group’s rejection of Christ amounts to being ashamed of our religion. Or at least, of ackowledging the validity of other faith traditions that don’t accept Christianity. Yes, we are called to be charitable to all, but are we called to publically give the impression that rejecting/ignoring Christ (in His own house no less) is somehow ok? How is this evangelizing? It made me think of this verse: For I am not ashamed of the gospel: it is the power of God for salvation to every one who has faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. (Romans 1:16)
Any thoughts?