Definition of "Full Knowledge" in Mortal Sin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jinc1019
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s interesting Thistle.
There are lots of Filipinos (more than Filipina) in my country down under here.
Some are highly educated but the majority are not, they are extremely communal so just love coming to the local parishes and making use of the supportive infrastructure (which is just as it should be). However, like any empoverished nation where education is a luxury, religious syncretism and practises/beliefs not wholly compatible with fair dinkum mature Catholicism is a worry. Which again is how it should be, we’re a purifying Church not a pure community so to speak.

Anyways, how did you (US citizen I gather) end up in the Philipines - by marriage I suppose? Usually the girl comes out to the man’s home country … that suggests you are there for work originally rather than her finding you in the US?

Nosey aren’t I. (I am married to a Malayasian Chinese).
Actually I’m British and yes I’ve been married to a filipina for more than 33 years already. I worked in banking and my area of responsibility was Asia. I met her on one of my visits to Manila. After we got married we lived in England, Germany, Singapore and Hong Kong. We retired to Manila. I love this country and the people.
What I find is that the people here are very devout Catholics but are quite ignorant about their faith and what the Church actually teaches.
I was a born and brought up Methodist. My wife is a cradle Catholic. I went through the RCIA program and became Catholic in 1992. When I came home from RCIA classes I would discuss with my wife what I learned and was amazed just how much she did not know. The RCIA for me worked out well for her because she got to know a lot about the faith she was born into.
I really like it here. Most people talk often daily about their faith, Christ and Mary and nobody is embarrassed to bring up the subject. In most other countries I find people reluctant to talk about their faith.
 
Actually I’m British and yes I’ve been married to a filipina for more than 33 years already. I worked in banking and my area of responsibility was Asia. I met her on one of my visits to Manila. After we got married we lived in England, Germany, Singapore and Hong Kong. We retired to Manila. I love this country and the people.
What I find is that the people here are very devout Catholics but are quite ignorant about their faith and what the Church actually teaches.
I was a born and brought up Methodist. My wife is a cradle Catholic. I went through the RCIA program and became Catholic in 1992. When I came home from RCIA classes I would discuss with my wife what I learned and was amazed just how much she did not know. The RCIA for me worked out well for her because she got to know a lot about the faith she was born into.
I really like it here. Most people talk often daily about their faith, Christ and Mary and nobody is embarrassed to bring up the subject. In most other countries I find people reluctant to talk about their faith.
How is retirement in such a hot country working out as you get older?
My friends and I have a colleague who is in the throws of doing the same as you with his Filipino parter. We are not sure that he would find old age, the health system and his weak returning financial position particularly pleasant in another15 to 20 yrs.
Would you have any thoughts on these concerns?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top