Delay? Any ne care?

  • Thread starter Thread starter beckers
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has behaved with composure and class during this period of time. I think most people believe that often politicians are not aware of who is paying for trips or that lobbyists manage to hide behind other organizations. It’s a major yawner to me.

Mr DeLay has said he awaits a full investigation. I think that shows a lot of class.

Lisa N
 
I heard Neil Cavuto’s Common Sense the other day and was surprised with the name attached at the end of his commentary…goes to show you that alot gets lost in the heat of political battles:

Beyond the Headlines
Monday May 16, 2005

By Neil Cavuto

Ever since he was a young man, he and his wife have taken in foster kids. Not just little kids — older kids — sometimes what others call “dangerous kids.” He gives them a good home and good opportunities and, for many, they go on to form a good life.

He did the same for harassed Jewish families during the height of the Soviet Union. Some he helped secret out. He forced a Republican president to talk about them, save them and ultimately free them.

At one point, this born-again Christian even helped arrange a Passover Seder for a Jewish family that had never had the privilege.

He’s helped minority-owned businesses cut through red tape and have a fighting chance and helped others get the government off their back so they could get on their feet.

He gives a lot to charity, but tells those charities not to say a word about who’s the one giving.

He comes from a party that many say is all about the rich, but most of the time he devotes himself to helping the poorest of the poor.

He’s given unwed mothers a chance and those from broken homes a hope.

You might know him. His name is Tom DeLay .
 
One thing that affects my opinion is when I see on the news that money from outside democrats to erect billboards against him. The first one was about him golfing with lobbyists (quick! protect your children). This type of outside action brings out the cussedness in most Texans.
 
40.png
pnewton:
One thing that affects my opinion is when I see on the news that money from outside democrats to erect billboards against him. The first one was about him golfing with lobbyists (quick! protect your children). This type of outside action brings out the cussedness in most Texans.
I understand these billboards are sponsored by the George Soros organization. Why doesn’t he go back to Hungary?

Lisa N
 
40.png
pnewton:
One thing that affects my opinion is when I see on the news that money from outside democrats to erect billboards against him. The first one was about him golfing with lobbyists (quick! protect your children). This type of outside action brings out the cussedness in most Texans.
It brings it out in many…of us. 😉
 
Lisa N:
I understand these billboards are sponsored by the George Soros organization. Why doesn’t he go back to Hungary?

Lisa N
I agree. Of course, by the same token, why doesn’t the “Reverend” Moon (self-proclaimed “Saviour”, etc…) go back to Korea? :confused:

Peace.
 
I was in Tom Delay’s district until they redisticted. He is local, this is Texas and the attacks will just cause his constituants to circle the wagons and protect him.
 
Lisa N:
I understand these billboards are sponsored by the George Soros organization. Why doesn’t he go back to Hungary?

Lisa N
He could always come to my town and I’ll help him with the billboards. I’ll hold the ladder for him.

I do not even know if I will be in DeLay’s district the next time around. The politicians in my county love to split my city up and I go back and forth from district to district. It will be him or Ron Paul for me.
 
40.png
pnewton:
He could always come to my town and I’ll help him with the billboards. I’ll hold the ladder for him.

I do not even know if I will be in DeLay’s district the next time around. The politicians in my county love to split my city up and I go back and forth from district to district. It will be him or Ron Paul for me.
Yuck!! We got re-districted out of DeLay and into Ron Paul. I hope this doesn’t happen to you.
 
40.png
kmktexas:
Yuck!! We got re-districted out of DeLay and into Ron Paul. I hope this doesn’t happen to you.
Dr. Ron Paul delivered my middle child 15 years ago. At least he is not another lawyer. He was nicknamed Dr. No for his belief in a minimalist government.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top