Demonic possession movies

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eric_Prine
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eric_Prine

Guest
Are they making more movies about demonic possession and activity than they used to? I had visited my local library recently and in their New Releases of DVDs it seemed about a quarter of the movies looked like were horror movies related to demons or the occult. And last night I was watching tv which I hadn’t done in a while and a preview for a new demon possession movie came on during commercials.
Do you think this says anything about our current culture right now, particular worries of society, are people taking this more or less serious now? I know trends come and go and maybe Hollywood is just milking this idea because other monsters have gotten too played out, but still wondering if other factors could be going on too. I used to not take the topic seriously but I believe in this stuff a lot more now and find these types of movies particularly disturbing.
 
Are they making more movies about demonic possession and activity than they used to? I had visited my local library recently and in their New Releases of DVDs it seemed about a quarter of the movies looked like were horror movies related to demons or the occult. And last night I was watching tv which I hadn’t done in a while and a preview for a new demon possession movie came on during commercials.
Do you think this says anything about our current culture right now, particular worries of society, are people taking this more or less serious now? I know trends come and go and maybe Hollywood is just milking this idea because other monsters have gotten too played out, but still wondering if other factors could be going on too. I used to not take the topic seriously but I believe in this stuff a lot more now and find these types of movies particularly disturbing.
I think it says they don’t believe its possible so its a great story.
 
Are they making more movies about demonic possession and activity than they used to? I had visited my local library recently and in their New Releases of DVDs it seemed about a quarter of the movies looked like were horror movies related to demons or the occult. And last night I was watching tv which I hadn’t done in a while and a preview for a new demon possession movie came on during commercials.
Do you think this says anything about our current culture right now, particular worries of society, are people taking this more or less serious now? I know trends come and go and maybe Hollywood is just milking this idea because other monsters have gotten too played out, but still wondering if other factors could be going on too. I used to not take the topic seriously but I believe in this stuff a lot more now and find these types of movies particularly disturbing.
Ven bishop Fulton Sheen used to say, I’m paraphrasing: The truths we oppress in ourselves, come out in society. He was talking about original sin and nudity, but I think it can be applied here, too. Since, many don’t take possession, demonic activity and exorcism seriously, our culture is fascinated with the subject.
 
I don’t usually watch movies or shows about demonic possession.

However last night there was a movie called
The Conjuring which was supposed to be based on a true story.
It was scary. I was angry at myself for watching it, but at the same time I wanted to see what was going to happen.

It does seem like they are making more movies and shows about
entities, ghosts. demons and devil worship.
Moviegoers seem to want to be scared.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top