A
Atrandomdutch
Guest
If this is the wrong Ok, I am so ashamed of the following. Since I feel uncomfortable with telling anyone, I just wanted to post it here.
I come from a pentacostal background. Recently, a nephew of mine, (he’s pentacostal) was convinced that I was in need of exorcism. I don’t remember how, but I was persuaded by him to let him try to exorcise whatever might be there. I’ve been going through some difficult times, and in his opinion it was demonic (the idea isn’ that far-feched, since I’ve been involved in the occult).
He persuaded me to confess my sins directly to God, without a priest present, (which I actually shouldn’t have done, I know). After that, we spent hours ‘exorcising’ the demons.
I have 2 general concerns: I’ve let him pray for me, and I’m almost terrified at possible harmful consequenses of the ‘exorcism’, perticularily because he isn’t catholic, and he isn’t a priest, and I don’t know if he has any authority to do such things. I’m trying to tell myself not to worry, but I can’t help myself. Furthermore, it may all be suggestion, eventhough I really don’t want to consider that because I feel such a line of thought has the tendency to undermine every spiritual experience.
I am confused and I am ashamed of it - what should I do?
I come from a pentacostal background. Recently, a nephew of mine, (he’s pentacostal) was convinced that I was in need of exorcism. I don’t remember how, but I was persuaded by him to let him try to exorcise whatever might be there. I’ve been going through some difficult times, and in his opinion it was demonic (the idea isn’ that far-feched, since I’ve been involved in the occult).
He persuaded me to confess my sins directly to God, without a priest present, (which I actually shouldn’t have done, I know). After that, we spent hours ‘exorcising’ the demons.
I have 2 general concerns: I’ve let him pray for me, and I’m almost terrified at possible harmful consequenses of the ‘exorcism’, perticularily because he isn’t catholic, and he isn’t a priest, and I don’t know if he has any authority to do such things. I’m trying to tell myself not to worry, but I can’t help myself. Furthermore, it may all be suggestion, eventhough I really don’t want to consider that because I feel such a line of thought has the tendency to undermine every spiritual experience.
I am confused and I am ashamed of it - what should I do?