V
VeritasLuxMea
Guest
I get that we live in a fallen world and God apparently is OK with that, so there will always be people that tempt us. But what gives with God allowing demons and other supernatural entities to tempt us and lead us away from Him? I know that technically we still have free will, although it’s hard to imagine how one’s free will can be strong enough to overcome a supernatural force.
So if we have free will, why does God allow demons to interfere with that?
Additionally, why did God bless Priests with the ability to cast out demons, but not, say, the ordinary faithful? I’m not trying to take away from the importance of Priests but it seems a little weird to me that God would say something like this, “can the faithful person find a Priest to handle it? Yes? Good. No? Sorry, you’re out of luck!”
So if we have free will, why does God allow demons to interfere with that?
Additionally, why did God bless Priests with the ability to cast out demons, but not, say, the ordinary faithful? I’m not trying to take away from the importance of Priests but it seems a little weird to me that God would say something like this, “can the faithful person find a Priest to handle it? Yes? Good. No? Sorry, you’re out of luck!”