Denied my sacraments where do I go from here?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zip1252
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Zip!

The only thought I have to add to what has been said is how the title of your thread struck me. You may find it helpful.

You are not being denied “your sacraments”. They are not yours.

They are the Lord’s Sacraments. 👍

He, thru His Church, has every right to prescribe how they are to be administered.
It’s not for us to expect that they are to be administered how we think they should be.

Again, I think the comments the others have posted are full of guidance, I just wanted to add that tiny little (but vital) perspective.
 
Shame on that priest for being such a player hater. 😉

I know plenty of people who have experienced similar situations, left the Catholic church, married the dude anyway, and…five, ten, twenty years later they are divorced, their kids are on drugs, and every other word out of their mouth is praise God for their typically Evangelical church.

And I–outside of this forum I’m generally quite polite–quietly nod my head and say to myself, “Maybe you should have listened to Father ____.”

In other words, is it possible Father did you a favor?
 
Keep your chin up. It is hard to turn our lives around, and very painful, but coming back to the Church will be a reward worth every minute of the pain.

The priest may have been a little harsh, but he is trying to get you on the right track. It may be helpful to invite him to coffee and discuss with him the feelings you experienced, how you earnestly want to come back to the Church, and how you are ready to be obedient to Her teachings, but his style was somewhat harsh and hurtful for you. I bet you would be pleasently surprised to see the change he would have.

Something to remember regarding the priest, he probably has one or two couples a month who come to him wanting to get married but are living in sin, don’t attend Mass, don’t practice their faith, and aren’t taking the Sacrament of Marriage seriously. It can be very enraging to see this again and again.

I hope you stand firm and come back to the Church, God bless!
 
My ex has gone on to break up other marriages - I certainly hope that the other priest that will be sitting down with him to help in his next marital counseling takes such a hard line as it may help spare someone the misery I have had.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top