Deny/love self.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Delphos
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting lost, since when I click to reply, the post I was looking at disappears and I’m left in thin air. Anyway to answer various points from all over the place; why, oh why, don’t you guys prayerfully read “The Shack” and decide, with Him, for yourselves. For me God is behind it, as He is so many things these days as the world goes critical I believe. For me it is possible to spend hour upon hour in front of the body of Jesus BUT, unless ones heart is open, He has a struggle to fully get into us, if you see what I mean. I know someone who feel that the Mass is the key to their “well being”, and they don’t come to adoration, reconciliation, or pray, etc. I would say that prayer is the focus for the individual [but see Matth C6] as against the sacraments which obviously must involve the church. As Mother teressa said, “Prayer expands the heart until it is capable of containing God’s gift of Himself”. Our Lady at Medjugorje implores us to “Pray, pray, pray” on almost every visit to the children. In our Parish, with about three hundred members we have Adoration every Thursday evening. There was six of us present last week! On LOVE read C.S. Lewis’s “The Four Loves”. He adds “delphos”, brotherly love, but don’t lets worry about that, “Agape” is the key, and the most misunderstood I believe. I sometimes wonder if we really knew this LOVE, God’s LOVE, then we would perhaps run a mile knowing that’s the demand that Jesus is asking of us. In the Sudan, not so long ago, a few Christians were crucified for their faith, yes crucified! Could we go that far because I really do wonder, as the world falls apart if…!!! Brian
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top