Denying God?

  • Thread starter Thread starter schooling
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

schooling

Guest
My teacher begins every class with a prayer and at the beginning of the year he said to remind him if he forgot. He forgot Friday and began teaching without a prayer. I noticed this, but I couldn’t get myself to raise my hand and remind him. I felt like it would have been weird or embarrassing. I know that it is horrible to think like that and I don’t want to think like that, but sometimes I can’t help it.:eek:
It might be worth noting that the prayer my teacher says is “Lord, I am not worthy to receive you but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.” I sat for a minute trying to justify not raising my hand to remind him and ultimately came to the conclusion that such a prayer should only be said in Mass when we are going to receive the Eucharist and not outside of it. At the time, I was fine with that logic. However, later I started to worry as to whether or not I would have acted differently had it been a different prayer, like the Our Father.
I’m worried that I committed a mortal sin by denying God. Did I do what was said in Matthew 10:33? If so, my parents won’t let me go to confession, so what do I do to gain God’s forgiveness?:confused:
Thank you so much in advance and God bless!
 
You did not commit a mortal sin.

Say an act of contrition and the next time it happens…Raise your hand…

By the way, I kind of agree with your comment about the prayer…seems an odd choice.

Peace
James
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top