Depressed about never having a boyfriend

  • Thread starter Thread starter lovedance4ever
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not EVEN try to dare rush yourself into a relationship and end up doing the same mistakes that I did!
 
I was a late bloomer…had my first real boyfriend at age 22.

Don’t sweat it…some of us are late bloomers!
 
Hello everyone. I’m an eighteen (nineteen in a couple of months) year old female, and I realize that it is probably ridiculous to be feeling this way, but I am bothered by this situation, nonetheless.

I guess I’m just trying to figure out why I have never had a boyfriend and why it seems as if I am unattractive to the opposite sex. I try to not be distracted by such thoughts, but then after a while, it hits me hard, and I begin thinking that God intends for me to be single the rest of my life.

Again, I realize that this is probably ridiculous thinking, as I am still young, but there are times when I just want to know why I have not met anyone yet. Guys almost seem repulsed by me (unless it is in my head), and I do not think there is anything wrong with me, other than the fact that I am slightly shy on occasion.

I also just had knee surgery, and the medication they gave me has been making me feel rather down on everything and sick, and it just feels like everything is crumbling down on me. I’m quite athletic, and the fact that I cannot work out makes everything worse and magnifies all of my problems.

I apologize for this little rant lol. I’m finished now, but do ask for your prayers and perhaps some advice. Thank you in advance.

May it be blessed,

Lovedance4ever
You’re fine! And you don’t need a boyfriend to be a valuable person. In fact, a mediocre relationship would make it all the harder to be one. It’s not necessary for you to have any number of boyfriends, it’s only necessary to have a husband eventually if that is your calling. While experience expands our knowledge, lack of bad experience that makes us bitter people (or second guess ourselves) is an asset.

And it’s normal to feel down when you’re grounded and can’t practice. How about some books or films? Don’t spend several hours a day arguing stuff on a message board! 😉
 
LoveDance4 ever.

I’m sure you are a beautiful young woman, and hopefully God will help you find a man who will appreciate you. You are still so young and have a long time, and even if you don’t find him for a lot longer, know this God loves you and knows how special you are. Keep close to him and he will give you what you need
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top