P
patrick457
Guest
Well, I’ll drop my two cents:By the way, it’s got to be the same Jeconiah, becasue the one in Jerimiah 22 is of the Royal lineage; so too is the one in Joseph’s lineage. There’ only one Jeconiah in the genealogies. It’s the one who was cursed, Jesus’ ANCESTOR?!
“I live” - an utterance of YHWH - "though Koniyahu ben-Yehoyaqim, king of Yehudah, were a signet-ring on my right hand, surely thence I would pluck you off, and I will give you into a hand of those seeking your life, and into a hand whose face you fear - into the hand of Nebuchadretzar king of Babel, and into the hand of the Kasdim, and I will hurl you and your mother who bore you, to another land, where you were not born, and there you shall die, and to the land to which they are lifting up their soul to return there, there they shall not return. Is this man Koniyahu a jar despised, shattered? A vessel in which there is no pleasure? Why have they been thrown up and down - he and his seed - and are hurled on to a land that they know not?
“Land, land, land, hear a word of YHWH! Thus said YHWH: ‘Write this man childless, a man - he shall not prosper in his days, for none of his seed shall prosper, sitting on the throne of David, and ruling again in Yehudah!’”
But in Haggai 2:23 we read:
“In that day” - an utterance of YHWH Tzeva’ot - “I will take you, Zerub’babel ben-She’alti’el, my servant,” an utterance of YHWH, “and will set you as a signet-ring, for you I have chosen,” an utterance of YHWH Tzeva’ot.
So you can notice that with Zerubbabel, there’s a reversal of expressions - his grandfather was taken out, but he was set back. There is actually a Jewish tradition that the curse was revoked when Jeconiah repented.
…and Ezekias begot Manasses, and Manasses begot Amos, and Amos begat Josias, and Josias begat Jechonias and his brothers, at the Babylonian deportation. Now after the Babylonian deportation, Jechonias begat Salathiel, and Salathiel begat Zorobabel…