Desiring for a Rebirth into new life

  • Thread starter Thread starter Toi_nhan_31
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Toi_nhan_31

Guest
I’ve been always being a big sinner and I am aware of that. I know my way of life is not worthy of being a Cristian.
I’m living my life so badly.
Yet, at all times I always desire to change myself, renouncing this undisciplined and wayward way of life.
I made promises, I tried… but always failed.
What can I do to help myself?
 
Last edited:
Some suggestions without knowing you personally:
  1. When RCIA starts up again you can go as a Catholic who was not properly catechized.
  2. Talk to a priest at your parish who can mentor you.
  3. Ask others for titles of good spiritual reading.
  4. Pray daily. Jesus is your best friend. Learn about the rosary and meditating on the
    life of Christ. The Divine Mercy Chaplet can be prayed on rosary beads.
  5. Volunteer to help others in a capacity that suits you.
You have a great desire to change! Follow through with changing your lifestyle with the help of the grace of the Lord.
 
Scripture tells us we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.it also tells us in Romans 6:1-2 Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer therein. You have realized that you were a sinner past tense. Now you have to cry out to God and tell him like I did. I told him years ago that my flesh doesn’t want to serve him. If you want me to serve you, then you must give me a desire to serve you because my desire to serve you I don’t have. I was honest with him at the moment and tried for years to serve him with prayer and going to mass and found myself not able to do it. Once I gave up my own efforts to try to please him thru a law of duty then that’s when he gave me his love. Once I experienced the reality of his love it took the duty out of service and then I never did anything anymore that I had to because it was the right thing to do. But now I started doing things because I wanted to do them. Duty always will fail where love will persevere cause there’s no work involved anymore. True love of God renewed my whole life after that moment of honesty with him. Scripture says he works in us to will and to do his good pleasure. We cannot do true service unto him until he works it within us first. Otherwise our works or our doings are no different then Cains works that God rejected. Cain was jealous of his brother Abel because his sacrifice was acceptable unto God where Cains wasn’t which made Cain kill his brother Abel.Cains sacrifice was of the ground representing the flesh where his brother Abels was out of direct obedience unto God. This story shows us not to be obedient unto the law or the right thing to do but be obedient unto God the Holy Spirit that prompts our heart each moment what to do and what not to do.
 
Duty always will fail where love will persevere cause there’s no work involved anymore.
Duty and love are not two separate things. We go to church, pray, read the scripture etc. Sometimes we do it out of a feeling of love, sometimes we do it out of duty because we love, but we don’t have feelings if love.
 
Throw yourself to God’s Mercy.
What can I do to help myself?
Don’t try to help yourself! Trust in God to help you, pray for His Grace. He can help us. We may fall, but the important thing is to get up again!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top