Detail in confession!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gavrilus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gavrilus

Guest
Praised to be Jesus!
So I recently get to confession and when I confessed something
( Fear that I need to tell to someone to get rid of cigarettes ) I wilfully omitted to tell also about gambling in the context that first I doupt the necessity to tell it ( I recognize that I was sort of little afraid to take responsibility for that ) but after I was a little convinced that this is not something that I need to worry and I received the Absolution and Holly Communion? What do you think ,is this a bad confession? Can be for such a small details? Thank you anticipated!
 
These questions are best discussed with your priest. His opinion is the only one that matters and he can provide you the best guidance.
 
I do not go into fine detail. If I’ve had a lustful thoughts about other women I simply tell the priest I’ve had lustful thoughts about other women on numerous occasions. I do not go into detail about the lustful thought and describe it for this would be a temptation to the priest.

‘‘I gambled’’ or ‘‘I lead other people into Mortal sin’’. If the priest asks you to go into detail well…that’s on him and sometimes he does it to see if he can help…go into detail but other than this you should never do so it’s not a good practice and the Early Church fathers advise against it.
 
So I take this as a no it wasn’t a bad confession even if I was hiding something small at first for a little while because of egoism and I’m safe. (Please don’t lie to me if it’s the case, I can face a truth and you avoid a sin ( of lie))
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top