Detectives: Hard-Boiled or Egg Head?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PoliSciProf
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PoliSciProf

Guest
OK mystery fans: your favorite detectives: Hard-Boiled (example Mike Hammer, Kojak, Sam Spade, V. I. Warshawski, etc.) or Egg Head (Columbo, Monk, Sherlock Holmes, etc.). I am for the Egg Head with Columbo being my favorite.
 
That’s funny, I never thought of Columbo as an egg head before, but you’re right. And he is also one of my favorites from tv, as is Jessica Fletcher. Both egg heads. I love Hercule Poirot and Jane Marple, also. Two more egg heads. I totally prefer the “exercising of the little gray cells”. 👍
 
“Monk” is one of my very favorite shows. I absolutely adore the character.
 
A mixture of the two: Robert Parker’s Spenser Novels, or his more flawed Jesse Stone comes to mind right away.
 
I’ve been a Sherlock Holmes fan since childhood. Read the canon through at least once a year.

I consider Holmes both hard-boiled and egg-headed.

According to Watson, he was a machine.
 
I love my egg heads like Monk, Sherlock holmes M iss Marple, Hercule Poirot, but I love them hard b oiled as well.
So give me a bit of both. By the way: MONK ROCKS!
So do the detectives of the LAW&ORDER franchises which are a bit of both.
 
To add to the hard-boiled list: Philip Marlowe. 😉

I voted Other because I like them both, and some detectives can be either one. :cool:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top