Development of Sacramental Priesthood?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raider_Red
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raider_Red

Guest
In reading a few things this morning in relation the the greek terms episkopos and presbuteros as used in the New Testament, I was wondering about what sort of developement these terms took in the early Church. It seem as if the two were used interchangeably during the period of the NT and then as the Church grew they grew from bishop/overseer/elder (interchangeably) to bishop/overseer (episkopos) and priest/presbyter/elder (presbuteros). I just want to make sure I’m understanding this correctly and also wanted any thoughts that might aid me.

I have had several discussions with non-Catholics about this and want to make sure I’m not misinforming them with my understanding of the clerical offices in the Church and their developement
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top