Diagnosed with fibromyalgia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jennifer_Lynn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jennifer_Lynn

Guest
I’ve been going to the doctor’s since a bad car accident I got into in July while at work. For about 3 years I’ve been dealing with a lot of pain, faitgue and other symptoms. The car accident I got into just added to everything.
Yesterday I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I’m only 23. I’m always in pain, sometimes so bad that I can’t even leave my house for days because it’s just too much to handle. I’ve been dealing with this for years but I was always hoping that physical therapy and massage therapy would pretty much fix everything.
I have to say that when I heard this news I was scared for what my future is going to be like. I’m 23 and I feel more broken then my parents. I’ve been out of work since July and have been going to physical therapy for a herniated disc caused by the accident.
My doctor explained that most of the battle of this disorder is to learn how to cope with it and learn ways to make my days bearable.
Please pray for me that I am able to cope with this disorder and be able to find a job that I can handle when I am able to return to work.
 
Jennifer, I checked out the effects of fibromyalgia. You do have it earlier than most who suffer from it.
I hope you are given the best advice to manage it, but it sounds like your doctor will be able to help you.
I’m sad for you that you have such a painful condition, and will keep you in my prayers with love.

Trishie
 
Please pray for me that I am able to cope with this disorder and be able to find a job that I can handle when I am able to return to work.
Lord Jesus, I lift up to you in prayer, Jennifer Lynn, who is in constant pain. Lord, I pray that you may give her the gift of health and healing. I pray that you may give her the grace to unite her suffering with yours. In Jesus name, I pray. Mother Mary, please pray for the health and healing of Jennifer Lynn.
 
Hi everyone! First off, I want to thank all of you for your wonderful prayers. Second, I just wanted to post an update: things are starting to look up for me lately. I was put on different medication that will help control my depression and the help lessen the pain from the disorder.
I had the best week last week, the best I had in a looong time! I was able to roll around on the floor and play with my dogs which I haven’t been able to do for awhile. Unfortunately, it only lasted for a little bit but it was great while it lasted. Lately I’ve been a lot of pain, more then usual which makes it so hard to do my exercises at physical therapy.
I’ve been feeling so down lately just thinking about how I’m going to basically have to deal with this the rest of my life. Just dealing with good and bad days constantly and praying for the good ones. I feel like my life is a seesaw (sp?) As much as it sounds like I’m just complaining about the pain and having this disorder I’m actually very grateful. I even remember talking to my pastor at my church and saying how I’m grateful that it’s just a pain disorder, it’s not like I was diagnosed with cancer and have a few months left to live.
Well, that’s it, guess I needed to vent a little bit. Please keep praying, I need all the prayers I can get. Thanks everyone!

*Jenn
 
You’re very brave in accepting what has become your reality, a life with pain. It’s understandable that you sometimes feel depressed, but you are a blessed person to be able to have gratitude that you don’t have a worse situation.
God grant you whatever blessings He can for your ease of pain, and for a fulfilling life.
God be with you always,
Trishie
 
Jenn, I am praying for you. I was 27 when the pain started. I am 45 now. I was not diagnosed for years, because physicians really did not know what to do with people with the symptoms that we go through. It was a frustrating, painful experience. I am so glad they know more now. My doctor said they are finding out more about fibromyalgia now. I was also in a car accident 7 years ago. I have had surgery to fuse my vertabrae in my neck. I understand how very difficult this illness is. There are several new medications now. I remember how very hard it was to accept what was happening to me. There are new medications now and doctors are finding out more about the illness. I will continue to pray for you Jenn. Acceptance is a huge part of coping with this illness. It takes courage to go through the tough days. I am learning to find a balance in my life. I do believe my faith has grown in ways that I may have never imagined if not for the illness. God Bless!
 
I know someone who suffers with this disease. I pray that yours is not as severe as hers is and that you are able to find a job that will not aggravate the symptoms and an employer who understands your needs.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.
 
New medications out for fibro, huh? I better check this out. I got diagnosed with CFIDS about 10-12 years ago, and while thank goodness the catastrophic memory loss and isolation and such are gone, I’ll pretty much always get fibromyalgic symptoms - gah, still makes living anything like a normal life pretty hard, not to mention painful. I’d love having something to provide some relief and support so the episodes aren’t quite so nasty. It’s awfully hard having a chronic illness when people say ‘but you don’t LOOK sick’ all the time, isn’t it? Grrr, so frustrating.

And sometimes those symptoms are awfully inventive in their finding new ways to make your life go totally fruitshaped. Last week I took a header into a BIG snowbank covered with ice - scabbed my knees and got my hands cold, but no big deal. Also, luckily someone immediately pulled over on the 8 lane street I’d been trying to cross on foot and helped me out. I thought I was just a little shaken up…but then I had pain and tremors throughout my arms, legs, and extremities for days. I can tell you, several glasses got smashed during that time. 😛

Oh well, at least I don’t get lost two doors down from my house anymore! That’s a plus, at least. 😉
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top