Did Christ call peter satan?

  • Thread starter Thread starter scimitar60
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scimitar60

Guest
This is what a protestant is trying to claim. He keeps avoiding the question of ‘please give me your source of scripture’. Is this in the Bible and if so why did he call him that? :confused: 🤷
 
Mark 8:
31 He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer greatly and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed, and rise after three days.
32 He spoke this openly. Then Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
33 At this he turned around and, looking at his disciples, rebuked Peter and said, “Get behind me, Satan. You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do.”

Not being an expert scholar on bible passages, it would appear that Jesus is rebuking Peter for thinking as a human would, or from a material point of view. Peter is being corrected for his thinking, not being accused of being satan. If Peter were satan then why would Christ later ask him to tend and feed his sheep? Peter shows himself as a fully human and flawed person throughout the gospels. Despite his failings, Jesus entrusted him with the keys to his kingdom.
 
Jesus,our Lords peace be whit You.
According to the Bible,yes. Did He ment it? Well well,this is one of “theese” questions that we don’t realy need. First,it is St.Peter,not “peter” and yes,He did,but He did not mean St.Peter as suchs,He ment St.Peters thoughts. Moore I wont tell You,because I wont You to pick up Your Holy Bible and read it untill You understand what He said to St.Peter. And to all others reading questions on this site,or forum,99,9% of the ansvers is found in The Bible,therefore I advice you all to every day read your Bible,one chapter a day,and when the last chapter is done whit,start all over. And I find it improper to wrigth “peter” or “paul” or who ever from the Bible,the right way is “St Peter” or “St Paul”,I may do a lot of spelling errors,but I do my best to not offend someone by wrong writing.
 
Peter couldn’t accept Jesus saying that He was going to Jerusalem to suffer and die. Jesus came to fulfill the mission that His Father had given Him. Peter was attempting to pull Jesus away from His Mission as a suffering obedient servant.

Hence, Jesus calls Peter -Satan.

Peter and the other Apostles could not comprehend how Israel’s Messiah would save their country by dieing. (Had we been there with the Apostles we would not have understood Jesus either).

Hindsight 20/20, we realize that through Jesus’ Resurrection, by seeing that He was both man and God, we also see the saving power of the cross. (As the Apostles came to see as well).
 
I think Jesus was telling him that he was doing the work of the Great Tempter - Satan.
 
Jesus,our Lords peace be whit You.
According to the Bible,yes. Did He ment it? Well well,this is one of “theese” questions that we don’t realy need. First,it is St.Peter,not “peter” and yes,He did,but He did not mean St.Peter as suchs,He ment St.Peters thoughts. Moore I wont tell You,because I wont You to pick up Your Holy Bible and read it untill You understand what He said to St.Peter. And to all others reading questions on this site,or forum,99,9% of the ansvers is found in The Bible,therefore I advice you all to every day read your Bible,one chapter a day,and when the last chapter is done whit,start all over. And I find it improper to wrigth “peter” or “paul” or who ever from the Bible,the right way is “St Peter” or “St Paul”,I may do a lot of spelling errors,but I do my best to not offend someone by wrong writing.
Settle down. I didn’t put it in caps because I think that if satan is included in the sentence, only Christ deserves a capital C. 😉
 
Thanks for the Reply’s all. I might ask the priest this sunday about it for some extra info! 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top