Did Christ speak to me in a dream?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ForumPoster
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForumPoster

Guest
Since my youth, there was a certain blessing that I desperately wanted from God. At first, I thought that I was bound to be blessed in that regard, but once I reached a certain age, I realized that my chances were close to zero and began praying every day for 9 months straight. I tried everything; Rosaries, Novenas, praying with Priests, and even rummaging around the online community for any prayers that may give me an edge.

These prayers seemed to have no effect on my situation until I finally started praying one that was intended to be prayed for 3 consecutive days. During one of the nights praying, I had a dream wherein I heard “This prayer will not be granted without love”.

My question would be, was this God finally answering my innumerable pleads to Him, or was this just my subconscious at work? Love being required for a relationship with God is a given for even the simplest of Christians, yet, the timing of it catches my attention.

And if this is truly divine, what can I do to “cultivate” the love I lack?
 
It can be genuine private revalation. It happens.
Just get worried if he begins telling you to go dig up golden plates with some language that never existed and translating them looking into a hat with seer stones.
 
Well, God is Love, so make of it what you can.

Try asking yourself, “If God is Love, then can any blessing be granted without Love?”

And, if it makes you feel bad that the blessing might not be granted, then recall that it is your duty as a Catholic to Love.

Then maybe you’ll have the edge you seek… and stand a chance… 🙂

God owes man nothing, although He grants us the providence of our existence and the gift of His creation freely.
 
God can speak to us in our thoughts and dreams and many other ways. You prayed for an answer. You got it! The answer makes sense. Something God would say.

What is love? How do you love? These are the question of life. Meaning it takes a lifetime to learn the answers.

Thank the Lord for an answer to your prayer and tell Him you want to learn to love!
 
Regardless of the source of the dream we, as Christians, are compelled and commanded to “cultivate” love. We can pray for it, just as we can pray for faith (Mark 9:24). And we can challenge ourselves to practice it, in our relationships and by spiritual and corporal works of mercy, as examples. There are a myriad of opportunities to sacrifice ourselves in one manner or another in this life for the good of others and just maybe God will answer your prayer at some point as you do. Either way you’ll be doing His will.
 
Even if it was just your subconscious, you might ought to spend some time and effort cultivating love.
 
While I am skeptical of religious themed dreams (including the ones I have 🙂), it’s never wrong to develop the virtue of charity.

It may be that in your reading and praying and searching, the seed was planted in your subconscious about the virtues and it got expressed in the dream state and that’s perfectly fine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top