N
NeoBenedictine
Guest
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I have not been able to find a discussion on this so far. I understand as a Catholic that we believe Christ’s role as the Messiah and the establishment of the Church as the ultimate fulfillment of Judaism. That being said, it occurred to me that the bulk of the Jewish community in the end were left effectively “in error” concerning God’s word because they didn’t accept him as the Messiah, which doesn’t seem inline with what I would think would be God’s approach, i.e. a solid, continuous path to man’s redemption for those involved. It almost feels like the Jews were sort of set up to fail, but I don’t believe God operates this way… what am I missing here
I seem to recall that the Jew’s were “saved” effectively by the old Covenants between God and his people and the New Covenant established through Christ was to extend salvation to Jew’s who recognized Him and the Gentiles… is this correct?