D
DiscipulusLucis
Guest
Exodus 32, when God was about to smite the Isrealites for worshiping a golden cow, but Moses talked Him out of it:
14And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
This strikes me as very odd - if god is omniscient and perfect, he would never err, and there would be nothing to repent. That is demonstrated in Malichi 3:6
6For I am the Lord, I change not…
Looking up the Hebrew words for repent and evil, I suppose it’s possible to make the argument that he “felt sorry about the misery” he thought to do, but I those meanings for the Hebrew words are very oblique, so I feel that would be kind of a stretch.
14And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
This strikes me as very odd - if god is omniscient and perfect, he would never err, and there would be nothing to repent. That is demonstrated in Malichi 3:6
6For I am the Lord, I change not…
Looking up the Hebrew words for repent and evil, I suppose it’s possible to make the argument that he “felt sorry about the misery” he thought to do, but I those meanings for the Hebrew words are very oblique, so I feel that would be kind of a stretch.