C
carmel2013
Guest
Hello:
About a year ago, our pastor asked me to take a leadership position in the church. After I prayed, I accepted the position, which is quite demanding and for, frankly, very low pay. Throughout this past year, I’ve never really felt comfortable in the role, perhaps because there was a lot to absorb.
Our pastor is leaving. At roughly the time his departure was announced, I was offered and accepted another position similar to one I had also been doing at the same time. (Yes, I’m working two jobs, one from home.) Because of family issues and this better paying job, I’ve already told our new pastor that I need to step back from the leadership role.
Now, I’ve heard through the grapevine that my replacement is quite different from what we’ve always had. I should say we are a traditionally minded parish and it seems that our new pastor and my replacement are not. I feel guilty for not staying on and perhaps stemming the tremendous changes ahead in our parish. (Though I also feel that even had I presented my views on matters, I would still be obligated to obey our pastor if he decided otherwise.)
Some people have told me, “God first, family second.” However, God made me a spouse and parent before He made me a church leader.
Should I try to get my position back? (I’m still in it for the next few weeks.)
Thanks in advance. Please pray for me, our parish, and our new leaders.
About a year ago, our pastor asked me to take a leadership position in the church. After I prayed, I accepted the position, which is quite demanding and for, frankly, very low pay. Throughout this past year, I’ve never really felt comfortable in the role, perhaps because there was a lot to absorb.
Our pastor is leaving. At roughly the time his departure was announced, I was offered and accepted another position similar to one I had also been doing at the same time. (Yes, I’m working two jobs, one from home.) Because of family issues and this better paying job, I’ve already told our new pastor that I need to step back from the leadership role.
Now, I’ve heard through the grapevine that my replacement is quite different from what we’ve always had. I should say we are a traditionally minded parish and it seems that our new pastor and my replacement are not. I feel guilty for not staying on and perhaps stemming the tremendous changes ahead in our parish. (Though I also feel that even had I presented my views on matters, I would still be obligated to obey our pastor if he decided otherwise.)
Some people have told me, “God first, family second.” However, God made me a spouse and parent before He made me a church leader.
Should I try to get my position back? (I’m still in it for the next few weeks.)
Thanks in advance. Please pray for me, our parish, and our new leaders.