Did Jesus eat the bread he gave to the disciples?

  • Thread starter Thread starter barboza21
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

barboza21

Guest
It seems like a silly question but what is the church’s teaching on this?
My family and I were talking to some JWs and the way thy were able to leave the conversation and almost literaly run away was by asking us this quetion. Since we weren’t sure what the answer was we told them we would find our for them. Once they realized we didn;t know this specific answer, they said see ya! and walked away only to send 2 ladies back to our street to take the van and pick them up after they told us they would come back after a while to talk to us. Not 5 minutes passed when the ladies got the van and left.
But what is the answer to this question??
Did He take part in the eucharist? and if not, why exactly? bc he didn;t need to?
 
We know Jesus ate some bread as he told John the one who would dip it when He did was the betrayer. And we know that While they were at supper, He took the bread, said the blessing, broke it gave it to his disciples and said “Take this all of you and eat…” I would guess from scripture that the bread that was now His body was not consumed by Him.
 
I don’t know that the Church has an official position. I think a decent argument can be made that He DID eat the bread, because He drank the wine (albeit when He was on the Cross) in the form of hyssop on the end of a spear.
 
I don’t know that the Church has an official position. I think a decent argument can be made that He DID eat the bread, because He drank the wine (albeit when He was on the Cross) in the form of hyssop on the end of a spear.
But do we consider that wine as the same as the one He gave to the apostles? With the same meaning, I mean?
 
We know Jesus ate some bread as he told John the one who would dip it when He did was the betrayer. And we know that While they were at supper, He took the bread, said the blessing, broke it gave it to his disciples and said “Take this all of you and eat…” I would guess from scripture that the bread that was now His body was not consumed by Him.
So at the point that he blessed the bread, it became his body even though he was sitting right there right?
And we might think that perhaps he didn’t have to eat the bread and wine because He IS the bread and wine and he doesn’t need to since He is God and does’t need the bread and wine?
 
What difference does it make, to the JW or to anyone else? What is the question supposed to “prove” or “disprove?” If Jesus ate the bread, so what? If He didn’t, so what? :confused:
 
But do we consider that wine as the same as the one He gave to the apostles? With the same meaning, I mean?
Well, it wasn’t the same wine He consecrated at the table, but it did seem to fulfill a theological purpose. Good question.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top