Ave Maria Kouyate, I’ll try and help with each verse as best as I can. I will be using the RSV-CE translation.
“Luke 4:8”
Here, Jesus was quoting Duet 6:13 to rebuke Satan’s wish for Jesus to worship him. I do not see how this affects Christ’s position as God, but if we look a few verses into this chapter we see Christ making a interesting declaration:
Luke 4:12 And Jesus answered him, “It is said, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’”
Ask yourself and your debating partner, who was being tempted? Christ was stating do not tempt the Lord your God yet it was Christ who was being tempted. Interesting…
“Matthew 19:16-17”
Ah, these verses are actually very common, and very commonly misread. And if we look into these verses more closely, it actually has the opposite effect of what your debater is stating. Observe:
Matt 19:16 And behold, one came up to him, saying, “Teacher, what good deed must I do, to have eternal life?” 17 And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? One there is who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to him, “Which?” And Jesus said, “You shall not kill, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, 19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 20 The young man said to him, “All these I have observed; what do I still lack?”
Jesus tells him that there is only One who is good, and that being God. He recites the commandments and the rich man states he has not broken any of them with his testimony and yet Christ did not correct him in that statement. If Christ was saying that only God, The Father, is good, wouldn’t he have taught the young man that he did indeed break a commandment? But Christ did not correct him, he asked why do you call me good when it is only God that is good? People take this as a refute but on the contrary, this is a proclamation of an observation that Christ made of what the man said, this is an indirect proclamation of His Divinity. The man called Jesus good, Jesus replies saying only God is good, the man states he did not break the commandments, and Jesus does not correct him. Interesting…
“Matthew 16:13-14”
DJK100 did exactly what I would’ve done, continue the chapter. St. Peter is blessed for proclaiming Jesus as the Christ, Messiah, the only begotten Son of God.
What your friend is doing is a very knowable tactic, he’s lifting verses out of context and thus creating a proof text. We must employ all of the verses surrounding the verse in question, then employ the entire chapter, then the entire book, then the entirety of Sacred Scripture.
Pax Domini