V
vampares
Guest
How about the Pope? Did the Pope laugh?
Which Pope do you mean? I don’t think any of our recent Popes haven’t occasionally enjoyed a good laugh.How about the Pope? Did the Pope laugh?
Ummm … we do that EVERY Sunday … as well as at Easter and Christmas … and the Joyful (hello!) and Glorious mysteries …I guess I really blew it with this thread’s title.
Yeah, it’s obvious He laughed. Would anyone comment on the important question I asked?
Since Jesus wasn’t a sadsack, do you think the Protestant emphasis on happy, happy, joy, joy is more spot-on than doing the Stations of the Cross? Or the Sorrowful Mysteries?
I think the Protestant emphasis on a “happy, clappy” Gospel results from their reaction to Catholicism and to their tendencies toward a prosperity gospel.Now, my question: Is the Protestant emphasis on His resurrection (empty cross with no corpus, for example) biblically accurate considering the Bible emphasizes His sufferings?