Did Oprah ever interview Mother Angelica?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maxirad
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maxirad

Guest
It’s my understanding that Mother Angelica once appeared on The Late Show Starring Joan Rivers.
 
“…and you get a rosary, and YOU get a rosary, and YOU GET A ROSARY!”

😉
LOL! That’s funny.
Srsly, being a cloistered sister, Mother Angelica seldom went anywhere when she was in good health. Oprah DID interview a group of sisters in a story about why the consecrated life attracts young women from all walks of life. I forget what state they were from. She asked if they missed their email, ipads, etc, and one of the women said “No! That’s was the biggest ball and chain ever! I spent every waking minute checking my email to see if my boss was on a rant”…(think: The Devil Wears Prada).
She did a good job of respecting what they had to say, and the sisters’ leadership came on her show for a follow-up.
But no, Mother never went on with dear departed Joan. :rolleyes:
 
LOL! That’s funny.
Srsly, being a cloistered sister, Mother Angelica seldom went anywhere when she was in good health. Oprah DID interview a group of sisters in a story about why the consecrated life attracts young women from all walks of life. I forget what state they were from. She asked if they missed their email, ipads, etc, and one of the women said “No! That’s was the biggest ball and chain ever! I spent every waking minute checking my email to see if my boss was on a rant”…(think: The Devil Wears Prada).
She did a good job of respecting what they had to say, and the sisters’ leadership came on her show for a follow-up.
But no, Mother never went on with dear departed Joan. :rolleyes:
As FYI - there was an article back in 1987 where Mother says she would like to go on Oprah

articles.philly.com/1987-05-19/news/26160808_1_mother-angelica-ptl-cable

Also, according to the article, Mother was at least booked for The Late Show Starring Joan Rivers
 
Many people, I am sure, have thought I never wanted Jesus in my life, but were wrong.

Thankfully, God is not so quick to give up!

Check this out, you might find it surprising:

ncregister.com/blog/tim-drake/when_oprah_learned_the_rosary#view-comments
I think Oprah was doing different shows back in Mother’s prime TV days. She wasn’t into doing the spirituality shows as she did in 2010. Also, the nuns were on due to a series on “extreme” marriages, and it reflected on how the nuns were married to Christ.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top