Did st. james really write this?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 6glargento
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
6

6glargento

Guest
supposedly this divine liturgy was written by st. james the “brother of the lord.” It sounds VERY catholic and even refers to the church as “catholic.”

you can find it here:
ccel.org/fathers2/ANF-07/anf07-63.htm

did james really write this? if so, then maybe he was the first to call the church catholic, not ignatius of antioch?
 
Possibly. Some think it as old 60 AD (if true that would be something wouldn’t it?), others believe it originated in the 3rd century. Either way it is very old and time honored. I think it is still in use by some Orthodox Churches but I could be wrong there.
 
That’s what I have read also. In fact I also read that it is believed to be the liturgy of the Church in Jerusalem.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top