F
Frankenfurter
Guest
Many main line Protestants have no issue with saying that the Catholic church was the church founded by Jesus, and that the bible was defined by the Catholic faith, and that the Church had authority to interpret scriptures etc, but that this was somehow lost through corruption. Then the Protestants re-claimed the original church authority, etc. by making the church back to what it was supposed to be.
I know many Protestants who sincerely feel this way.
So none of the arguments about how the Catholic church was the one true church, wrote/compiled the biblle, etc., works because they just agree, but then say that this was lost through corruption.
I would appreciate any good way to answer this, that will be accepted by them, for the next time I see some of these folks.
In particular, some of these folks are Baptist, some are Methodist. I also know some LDS who make this point.
One other thing, they all claim to be united on this point. Sometimes it just feels anti-Catholic for the sake of being anti-Catholic.
But I would love a good answer to have if there is one. Something to help with their stumbling block.
I know many Protestants who sincerely feel this way.
So none of the arguments about how the Catholic church was the one true church, wrote/compiled the biblle, etc., works because they just agree, but then say that this was lost through corruption.
I would appreciate any good way to answer this, that will be accepted by them, for the next time I see some of these folks.
In particular, some of these folks are Baptist, some are Methodist. I also know some LDS who make this point.
One other thing, they all claim to be united on this point. Sometimes it just feels anti-Catholic for the sake of being anti-Catholic.
But I would love a good answer to have if there is one. Something to help with their stumbling block.