Did you have your throat blessed?

• Thread starter Thread starter Timidity
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twice. Father blessed throats “in anticipation” after evening Mass on Wednesday, then I was able to attend Mass and receive the blessing again on Thursday. I don’t know if it is correct to do so, but I made the intention to apply the second blessing to my wife’s benefit, since she was travelling and unable to make a Mass.

Needs all the blessing he can get,
tee

As a kid, I always suffered with sore throats. My mom took me every year to get my throat blessed.
Now that I m a mom, and my oldest tends to get sore throats, I took him also.

I think it is a cool tradition.

As a kid, I always suffered with sore throats. My mom took me every year to get my throat blessed.
Now that I am a mom, and my oldest tends to get sore throats, I took him also.

I think it is a cool tradition.

Does anyone know if it is permissable for laypersons or extraordinary ministers to perform the blessing of throats? Our parish did that this year, although it is not such a large parish that would warrant our priest needing extra help. Any info would be appreciated. God bless!

As I said in post #12, we also needed to use some lay ministers. It is permissable. We do not perform any blessing, but invoke the intercession of St Blaise, in asking God to bless the person, which are the words the Priest also uses.

There was also a similar question on ashes in the Apologist forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back