Did you know

  • Thread starter Thread starter Malia_Belen
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t worked for a while since having kids, but I remember a similar experience. I was working Dept.of Defense and everyone with the same job title get’s paid the same. Anyway, my co-worker told me she was being paid more than I was and that I should file a complaint. (She used to be in HR and knew all about that kind of thing) I just went the the DOD’s version of HR and filed a complaint and was back-paid for about a year.

Another guy left his pay stub laying on his desk completely in the open so the whole office knew what he made and were totally outraged. There was nothing to be done but it was entirely too much for the work he did. But I will say the gov’t world is a totally different place.
 
Thanks everyone. It went well at work today too…though a little awkward… I learned a very valuable lesson. I’m just glad I made my mistake here because I probably won’t be working here forever since my degrees are in psych. and ele. edu.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top