B
boppaid
Guest
I received an email from a friend, pointing out different Catholic “sects”. Iknow they are not sects, perse, (that’s her word), but I am not familiar with any of these except Roman Catholicism. Her point is that there are so many splits within Catholicism, how can we criticize the Protestants? Here’s an excerpt from her email. Help me respond (she’s Baptist):
Here are the Catholic sects I found doing a little bit
of research:
I am interested in learning more about the Mt:16:18
- Roman Catholic
- Spanish Catholic
- Orthodox – severed their ties with Rome in the 11th
Century- Byzantine Catholics
- Polish National Catholics
- Old Catholics
- Eastern Orthodox
- White Robed Benedictine Network of Catholics –
guided by its own Bishop, follows the Vatican Council
II- Lutheranism – still considered part of Catholicism
in some articles- Universal Catholics
church of Peter and how those actual words align with
Peter, and even moreso how Peter’s Church aligns with
all the sects of Catholicism and Protestanism.