E
easter88
Guest
I am facing a very uncomfortable situation and I really want to know what the Church says about this issue.
A woman I know was raised Catholic, later became Protestant, married another Protestant in a non-Catholic wedding, and about twenty-some years later found out that this marriage was an invalid marriage in the eyes of the Church. This marriage was very bad all along, and she was told by a priest that if the husband wanted to leave, she should let him.
Not long after, the couple separated and she started seriously dating (while still being legally married, though not sacramentally married). Although I assume she thinks she is acting in accordance with what she was told by the priest, I do not believe she is practicing the Catholic faith at the moment. She is making some members of her family very uncomfortable, and the Protestant members say that her actions are not Biblically based (the fact that she is in a serious relationship without being divorced).
What should I think about all of this?
A woman I know was raised Catholic, later became Protestant, married another Protestant in a non-Catholic wedding, and about twenty-some years later found out that this marriage was an invalid marriage in the eyes of the Church. This marriage was very bad all along, and she was told by a priest that if the husband wanted to leave, she should let him.
Not long after, the couple separated and she started seriously dating (while still being legally married, though not sacramentally married). Although I assume she thinks she is acting in accordance with what she was told by the priest, I do not believe she is practicing the Catholic faith at the moment. She is making some members of her family very uncomfortable, and the Protestant members say that her actions are not Biblically based (the fact that she is in a serious relationship without being divorced).
What should I think about all of this?