Diocese of san antonio, texas!

• Thread starter Thread starter misericordie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

misericordie

Great news, the Vatican Information Service has posted that the GREAT auxilary Bishop Of Denver, Colorado(Bishop Gomez, S.T.D.) has been named the NEW Archbishop of San Antonio Texas!!! He is a DOCTOR of Theology, young(as far as Bishops go) and guess what? HE IS AN OPUS DEI BISHOP!!! HURRAY!:dancing:

Congratulations! I used to live in Colorado, and Bishop Gomez is wonderful. Why couldn’t they send him to California?!! We probably need him more than San Antonio. 😉

God Bless,

Robert.

I heard there have been some other jurisdictional changes in structure of Texas dioceses, anybody have details? SA is in for quite a change if new bishop is Opus Dei, ooh eeh, I wonder if there is intent to reverse the trend of replace Texas bishops with other Texans.

40.png
puzzleannie:
I heard there have been some other jurisdictional changes in structure of Texas dioceses, anybody have details? SA is in for quite a change if new bishop is Opus Dei, ooh eeh, I wonder if there is intent to reverse the trend of replace Texas bishops with other Texans.
Yes, The former bishop: Flores was a liberal. As for Texas, there is a new CREATED Diocese of Houston/Galvaston!! And the NEW Archbishop is well (sad to say) Bishop Fiorenza.

Bishop Gomez, may God guide you as the wonderful Bishop you are in this new assignment.🙂

40.png
rlg94086:
Congratulations! I used to live in Colorado, and Bishop Gomez is wonderful. Why couldn’t they send him to California?!! We probably need him more than San Antonio. 😉

God Bless,

Robert.
You read my mind… And, an Opus Dei Bishop… I have to admit I am happy for Texans… But, I bit jealous. 😉

40.png
misericordie:
Yes, The former bishop: Flores was a liberal. As for Texas, there is a new CREATED Diocese of Houston/Galvaston!! And the NEW Archbishop is well (sad to say) Bishop Fiorenza.
As said before, it wasn’t created, only elevated to archdiocese. The title of Archbishop had to go to Fiorenza since he’s the bishop of an archdiocese. The Coadjutor Archbishop: Daniel Nicholas DiNardo, will be taking over in about a year when Fiorenza retires. (Many of us down here are chomping at the bit!)

I definitely have a lot to thank our Lord for in Adoration this week! San Antonio was already a wonderful place to live and raise a family…now we have been blessed even more!

The headlines today(30 Dec,2004) from The San Antonio Express-News.

Next S.A. Archbishop Picked

Fifty-one year old Bishop Jose H. Gomez is the new Archbishop of San Antonio. His mom and dad were married in the San Fernado Cathedral in S.A. The retiring Archbishop Patrick Flores has welcomed him.Gomez was ordeigned a Priest August 15, 1978 in Spain. He has a Doctorate of Theology degree from Univ. of Navarre also in Spain.

There was an outcry from San Antonio Hispanics for a Hispanic Archbishop, their cry was heard.

Bishop Gomez is not a Texan, he was born in Monterey, Mexico.

40.png
rlg94086:

God Bless,

Robert.
They probably will one day send someone good there. BUT, will they be able to change years of less than steller leadership. :eek: Pity the guy that has to take that on.

40.png
Marie:
They probably will one day send someone good there. BUT, will they be able to change years of less than steller leadership. :eek: Pity the guy that has to take that on.
Yup, especially the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. When is That diocese going to get a Roman Catholic Leader?

40.png
luke2219:
The title of Archbishop had to go to Fiorenza since he’s the bishop of an archdiocese. The Coadjutor Archbishop: Daniel Nicholas DiNardo, will be taking over in about a year when Fiorenza retires. (Many of us down here are chomping at the bit!)
Why?

40.png
Augustine:
Mostly just speculation. Everything I’ve heard about DiNardo is great. I’ve heard he’s very Eucharistic and Marian. Many people have heard him speak and tell me that he’s an excellent speaker. He seems to have a reputation of being very orthodox and not timid. He’s seems to be the kind of person who makes you feel like the most important person in the room whenever he’s talking to you. I was visiting the seminary here and I happened to sit right next to him during evening prayer. I didn’t know who he was at the time and I thought he was just another priest since there were so many there at the time. Before I even realized who he was I had already felt touched by him. I can’t explain it, but even though he didn’t speak to me, I felt very accepted, loved, and like I was important to him. All he did was help me find my place in the hymnal.

I don’t have any hard evidence so I’m sure that I didn’t give you the answer you were looking for. Many of us here are very excited and hopeful, but since most of the things we know are pure speculation, we try to maintain a healthy wait-and-see attitude.

40.png
luke2219:
… I’m sure that I didn’t give you the answer you were looking for.
On the contrary, it is an answer to my question. 😉

Am I right reading between the lines that you contrasted some aspects of Bishop DiNardo with some of Archbishop Fiorenza?

40.png
Augustine:
On the contrary, it is an answer to my question. 😉

Am I right reading between the lines that you contrasted some aspects of Bishop DiNardo with some of Archbishop Fiorenza?
Replied in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back