Hi everyone. What are the disadvantages/consequences to a sinful lifestyle other than Hell?


I ask because my faith is currently faltering and I am having trouble with staying faithful to the Catholic Church. At this point, I’d rather just live a sinful lifestyle but I at least want to consider the consequences first. Please help me out.
It sounds like you’re minimizing what an eternity of suffering really means, and perhaps the same with minimizing what an eternity of happiness in heaven really means.
Imagine the worst pain you’ve ever been in. Let’s say you’ve broken a bone, or sprained an ankle. Now imagine it coming from all over your body. Now imagine it not stopping. Ever.
Now imagine the happiest you’ve ever been. Multiply that by about, oh, a gazillion. Now imagine it never ending. That doesn’t even come close to heaven.
Now to your original question. These are the consequences; 2 choices, no middle ground. Sometimes I’d rather be sinful too. But it’s slavery. We could enjoy ourselves for this lifetime, sure. But, as has been said, would we really be happy? Or just being delusional about being happy?
I look at is as being filthy rich. How many people that have ginormous amounts of cash are really happy? They have everything they want, toys, companionship (if you get my drift), freedom from financial pressures, not having to really work, etc. But are they really happy? Look at the Hollywood folks. Beauty, wealth, etc. How many of them are really happy? How many of them down a bottle of pills, or are in therapy just to keep themselves from downing a bottle of pills? How many are slaves to their drug or alcohol habit? How many of them, when they start to lose their looks can be really content with who they are?
Now look at someone like Mother Theresa. Dirt poor. She had nothing. Nothing. She worked every hour of every day for others, completely selfless. Has anyone ever suggested that she was less than content? On the contrary, nobody can be that enthusiastic as she was about her mission without being extremely happy doing it. Nobody.
:twocents: