K
Kmon23
Guest
I’m really into debate with my mother (we debate theology for fun), but I also want to start learning things in regard to defending the faith. As a person surrounded by a Protestant family, I want to learn to defend my transition to the Catholic faith for any who question me.
So my question is…
What are the most common and biggest questions a Protestant would ask a Catholic because of disagreement (theological differences)?
Some I’ve already thought of are…
So my question is…
What are the most common and biggest questions a Protestant would ask a Catholic because of disagreement (theological differences)?
Some I’ve already thought of are…
- Existence of Purgatory
- Confession to a priest
- Existence of mortal/venial sins
- Imputed vs. infused righteousness
- Veneration and prayer to saints
- Mary’s perpetual virginity
- Mary’s status as the Mother of God, Mediatrix of Grace, and deserving of veneration
- Tradition must be followed
- Transubstantiation and the Real Presence of the Eucharist
- Sacred Tradition + Scripture vs. Sola Scriptura
- Sola Fide, faith alone vs. faith and good works
- How the church can exercise infallibility.
