J
Janine_Therese
Guest
I became Catholic in 1972 having grown up protestant. The teachings of the Church seemed completely valid and I was very joyful (and still am) the day I was Baptized and recieved My first Eucharist.
My question:Can one “feel” the presence of The Eucharistic Lord Jesus in the viscinity of the Tabernacle? I noticed, many years ago, that when in a Catholic Church I can ‘feel’ the presence of Christ–and when I am in the presence of the Tabernacle or a Monstrance, I feel Him so powerfully it is as if One could reach out and touch Him. This is one of the reasons I became Catholic. Is this normal? Some of My Catholic friends don’t seem to know what I mean–others do–but it is true–I feel His real presence–and that is one of the things that compells Me to remain in the Church even when the going gets tough. Please help Me here–because I cannot find anyone with whom to discuss this matter.
Pax,
Janine Therese
My question:Can one “feel” the presence of The Eucharistic Lord Jesus in the viscinity of the Tabernacle? I noticed, many years ago, that when in a Catholic Church I can ‘feel’ the presence of Christ–and when I am in the presence of the Tabernacle or a Monstrance, I feel Him so powerfully it is as if One could reach out and touch Him. This is one of the reasons I became Catholic. Is this normal? Some of My Catholic friends don’t seem to know what I mean–others do–but it is true–I feel His real presence–and that is one of the things that compells Me to remain in the Church even when the going gets tough. Please help Me here–because I cannot find anyone with whom to discuss this matter.
Pax,
Janine Therese