Disconnected and Disengaged

  • Thread starter Thread starter ehand
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ehand

Guest
Before the end of 2013, I was very much worried about the poor and about social injustice. I was starting a supportgroup for mothers who had lost custody of their children and were struggling to get their children back. I had dreams of helping the poor and resourceless by giving them hope again. … Sadly in 2013 I had some experiences that were demonic. I have changed profoundly. Yes, profoundly. I feel like I am in a coma now. I no longer care about others (i try to, but it seems disingenous). I have turned into someone who is apathetic and pa- thetic, as well… I feel like I have no respect for myself anymore. In fact I do not know who my Self really is anymore. I truly feel as though my soul is no longer within my body… I have become an apathetic individual (SAD). I used to feel righteous anger about things going on in the world and the desire to fix them; now I just don’t care. I am not engaged with the world anymore and I have seen my doctor, a few counselors and one psychiatrist: this is not a mental illness. There is something more profound at play here… I believe that something I did when I was 24 while smoking pot opened the door to the demonic, because I have been attacked a number of times in the past ten years. I have been attacked when I was alone and homeless. I have been homeless on and off for the past ten years. I lost my equilibrium at one point and got off track. In 2013 I actually was in jail for a month and met a very strange woman who talked about Satan (scary…) and told me that “Satan had a ‘good sense of humor’”- (no joke!). I asked the guards to keep her away from me, but she was relentless and after that I had a series of experiences culminating in one night in November 2013 where I felt as though some evil entity came into my hotel room and took something from my being. I could not walk straight after that. I still am missing what seems to be the core of my being. This is not a joke. I ask you to please pray for me. I talk to my parish priest and he prays for me. I go to mass and pray the rosary now, but I still feel disconnected. Please keep me in your prayers
 
Tour diocese should have an exorcist or access to one. Call them.

If you are not praying, or praying only minimally, increase your prayer. Morning and evening prayers and the Rosary and most importantly, mental prayer. And of course, Mass and Confession as often as possible. (This info comes from a priest who is an exorcist.)
 
Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
 
Yes, please follow the advice of St Francis above, he knows best. Call your diocese. God bless.
 
Before the end of 2013, I was very much worried about the poor and about social injustice. I was starting a supportgroup for mothers who had lost custody of their children and were struggling to get their children back. I had dreams of helping the poor and resourceless by giving them hope again. … Sadly in 2013 I had some experiences that were demonic. I have changed profoundly. Yes, profoundly. I feel like I am in a coma now. I no longer care about others (i try to, but it seems disingenous). I have turned into someone who is apathetic and pa- thetic, as well… I feel like I have no respect for myself anymore. In fact I do not know who my Self really is anymore. I truly feel as though my soul is no longer within my body… I have become an apathetic individual (SAD). I used to feel righteous anger about things going on in the world and the desire to fix them; now I just don’t care. I am not engaged with the world anymore and I have seen my doctor, a few counselors and one psychiatrist: this is not a mental illness. There is something more profound at play here… I believe that something I did when I was 24 while smoking pot opened the door to the demonic, because I have been attacked a number of times in the past ten years. I have been attacked when I was alone and homeless. I have been homeless on and off for the past ten years. I lost my equilibrium at one point and got off track. In 2013 I actually was in jail for a month and met a very strange woman who talked about Satan (scary…) and told me that “Satan had a ‘good sense of humor’”- (no joke!). I asked the guards to keep her away from me, but she was relentless and after that I had a series of experiences culminating in one night in November 2013 where I felt as though some evil entity came into my hotel room and took something from my being. I could not walk straight after that. I still am missing what seems to be the core of my being. This is not a joke. I ask you to please pray for me. I talk to my parish priest and he prays for me. I go to mass and pray the rosary now, but I still feel disconnected. Please keep me in your prayers
That’s a shame you feel “disconnected”.

Had you ever considered counseling?

I’ve used it, myself, which is one reason I recommend it to people, because it’s helped me and people I know, too.

Sometimes, depression, or also other conditions, can do as you described…give us a feeling of apathy and more. We need to tend to ourselves, first, before we can tend to others.
 
Thank you. I am going to increase my prayer and call the diocesan exorcist. Thank you.
 
Healing Prayer of Surrender

Dear Lord Jesus, it is my will to surrender to you everything that I am and everything that I’m striving to be. I open the deepest recesses of my heart and invite your Holy Spirit to dwell inside of me.

I offer you my life, heart, mind, body, soul, spirit, all my hopes, plans and dreams. I surrender to you my past, present and future problems, habits, character defects, attitudes, livelihood, resources, finances, medical coverage, occupation and all my relationships.

I give you my health, physical appearance, disabilities, family, marriage, children and friendships. I ask you to take Lordship over every aspect of my life. I surrender to you all my hurt, pain, worry, doubt, fear and anxiety, and I ask you to wash me clean.

I release everything into your compassionate care. Please speak to me clearly, Lord. Open my ears to hear your voice. Open my heart to commune with you more deeply. I want to feel your loving embrace. Open the doors that need to be opened and close the doors that need to be closed. Please set my feet upon the straight and narrow road that leads to everlasting life. Amen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

FYI: A qualified exorcist would be the best person to contact in this situation. He will make sure all medical and psychiatric causes are ruled out before he performs an exorcism (which can only be done with the approval of a bishop).

Until you can meet with the exorcist, talk to your parish priest and immerse yourself in prayer.

:signofcross:

​
 
:blessyou:

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen. † :signofcross:
 
Thank you. I am going to increase my prayer and call the diocesan exorcist. Thank you.
I should have mentioned, in case you didn’t know, that exorcists don’t always deal with possession, there are lesser forms of problems with demons that occur also.

And the prayer to St Michael is also a good recommendation!
 
Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.
 
Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon DoGodsBidding in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give
  • be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.
Our Lady of Mental Peace,
  • Pray for us!
    Amen.
Jesus, Help Me!

In every need let me come to You with humble trust,
saying:
Jesus, help me!
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations:
Jesus, help me!
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials:
Jesus, help me!
In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments,
troubles and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!
When others fail me, and Your Grace alone can assist me:
Jesus, help me!
When I throw myself on Your tender Love as Savior:
Jesus, help me!
When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good
come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!
When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work and
I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and short-
comings of every kind:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, help me and never forsake me!

Amen

†
 
***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***
 
Sancte Michael Archangele,
defende nos in proelio;
contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Imperet illi Deus, supplices deprecamur:
tuque, Princeps militiae Caelestis,
satanam aliosque spiritus malignos,
qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo,
divina virtute in infernum detrude.
Amen.
 
:signofcross: May God protect you; surround you with His Angels and drive the demons away and replace your fears with His perfect love, overflowing joy and deep peace!!!

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.
 
Thank you for all your prayers. I am headed off to mass right now. I am going to ask Fr. Christopher (our parish priest) to find the name of the exorcist. I just get scared that the damage is irreversible or something… I feel like a zombie. Thank you for your concern and prayers.
 
Thank you for all your prayers. I am headed off to mass right now. I am going to ask Fr. Christopher (our parish priest) to find the name of the exorcist. I just get scared that the damage is irreversible or something… I feel like a zombie. Thank you for your concern and prayers.
Jesus can do it all

Matthew 8:16
When evening came, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed; and He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were ill
 
†

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen. †

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle,
be our defense against the wickedness and snares
of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray.
And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the
power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other
evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen. † :signofcross:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top