D
Dranu
Guest
I’m in need of some advice. In my RCIA class they were talking about professing the faith by saying you believe all that the church believes and teaches. However, our lead instructor said its okay to believe what you want as long as the pope didn’t declare it infalliable. She claimed we can believe that women should be priests as long as we (if we were priests) don’t ordain them, and she made sevral other comments, including how she feels it was wrong for a bishop she knew to have been against taking Terri Schivo off life support.
Is she right? If she is this greatly confuses me in what to believe, because from what I know very few things are given ex-cathedra by the pope. I was in the mindset that the Church will never teach that women be ordained or some of the other things like never teaching to be able to be pro-abortion. I know the instructer is very liberal, but they seem well versed in the teachings and are a sister. Am I the one mistaken in thinking I need to hold all the teachings of the Church even if its not pronounced ex-cathedra? And if not what could I use to defend the position in the class? Thanks in advance.
Is she right? If she is this greatly confuses me in what to believe, because from what I know very few things are given ex-cathedra by the pope. I was in the mindset that the Church will never teach that women be ordained or some of the other things like never teaching to be able to be pro-abortion. I know the instructer is very liberal, but they seem well versed in the teachings and are a sister. Am I the one mistaken in thinking I need to hold all the teachings of the Church even if its not pronounced ex-cathedra? And if not what could I use to defend the position in the class? Thanks in advance.