Dissenters Yearn for Blessed John XXIII....Why?

• Thread starter Thread starter JKirkLVNV
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JKirkLVNV

I’ve heard, off and on, dissenters/discontents bemoan the lack of Blessed John XXIII’s presence in the Church today. “If we only had a pope like him!” and “this kind of thing (fill in the blank) would never have happened if he had lived!” I often find myself wondering two things: A) They do realize popes die, don’t they? He was old and he had stomach cancer. B) What about BJ23 are they appealing too? His loving, grandfatherly demeanor? From all that I’ve read, all the man did was convoke the council (which I know some didn’t like, too bad, it was an ecumenical council and Vatican II should be distinguished from “the spirit of Vatican II”) and he was theologically rather conservative. I’ve actually heard it asserted that he was actually very simple (not simple as in retarded) in his approach to theology and that his true talents lay in his skills as a diplomat. Can anyone comment?

Heck, with only one page of new posts, I’m bumping this sucka!

I remember him as a kind, gentile and loving man. He gave us all hope for a bright future.

All of us…

Why do they want him? he didn’t approve of homosexuality, contraception, female priestesses, etc., ect.??

I think it’s because he called Vatican II and dissenters have this false notion that Vatican II approved of all their agenda.

I’m not Catholic, so I don’t know how much my opinion counts, but other than John Paul 2, John the 23rd was really the only pope that seemed to be part of my world, too. He was a person who seemed to be filled with love.
I don’t know how many people here really remember him, or if you are mostly too young for that…He was the first pope that seemed to be for more than just Catholics.
I remember him with great fondness. I think Gilliam may be on to something: he seemed to offer something positive to everyone…

No one can really say why Dissenters do what they do…I don’t even think they know…

I know Blessed John XXII was Pope and as Holy Father he offered himself to many , As Do They All…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back