Dissenting Points of View not Welcome

• Thread starter Thread starter mlchance
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mlchance

It was encouraging to see yet another example this week of someone standing up against the one-sided promotion of homosexuality taking place in many public schools. Stephen M. Hunt, a School Board member in Fairfax County, Virginia, sent a letter to the district’s 24 high school principals urging that they not simply teach “that homosexuality is normal and natural.” He suggested that one way to achieve greater balance would be to host speakers with an “ex-gay perspective.” Hunt’s letter was hardly “gay-bashing”; he explicitly said, “If a person does choose a gay lifestyle, we should respect their freedom, their safety and their choice.”

Nevertheless, he’s been subjected to a firestorm of criticism, including a reprimand from the rest of the Board. Hunt has apologized for giving the impression he spoke for the Board (even though he wrote on private stationery), but reiterated that he wants “open discussion on this issue in order to foster understanding between people of different opinions.”

This is yet another example of where the real intolerance lies–with those pushing the homosexual agenda.

– Mark L. Chance.

Mark that is right. The homosexual activists (and that does NOT mean every homosexual) are FIERCELY protective of their lifestyle and want no infringing upon it. I also read that some billboards that featured a former homosexual were defaced, and covered with grafitti. The message was not anti-homosexual but that if you want to get out of ‘the life’ that there are organizations that will help. I guess that message is a threat.

Lisa N

Lisa N:
Mark that is right. The homosexual activists (and that does NOT mean every homosexual) are FIERCELY protective of their lifestyle and want no infringing upon it. I also read that some billboards that featured a former homosexual were defaced, and covered with grafitti. The message was not anti-homosexual but that if you want to get out of ‘the life’ that there are organizations that will help. I guess that message is a threat.

Lisa N
They are all like a Berkeley protest about free speech: try and differ with them and see what you unleash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back