M
Monica4316
Guest
Hello,
I read that Dante’s ‘Divine Comedy’ was put on the Index… I’m wondering though, has it ever been placed off the Index? because I see Catholic publishers publishing it, and including quotes from it in books, - and these are very orthodox Catholic publishers. Are we also allowed to have a copy? I understand the Index isn’t used anymore but the Church also said that the moral aspect of it is always present. I know there are books that were on the Index and were later taken off, or particular translations/editions were put on the Index while others were given approval… but what is the case with the Divine Comedy?
Anyone know?
Thanks!
I read that Dante’s ‘Divine Comedy’ was put on the Index… I’m wondering though, has it ever been placed off the Index? because I see Catholic publishers publishing it, and including quotes from it in books, - and these are very orthodox Catholic publishers. Are we also allowed to have a copy? I understand the Index isn’t used anymore but the Church also said that the moral aspect of it is always present. I know there are books that were on the Index and were later taken off, or particular translations/editions were put on the Index while others were given approval… but what is the case with the Divine Comedy?
Anyone know?
Thanks!