Divine Mercy Chaplet miracle

  • Thread starter Thread starter masondoggy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

masondoggy

Guest
My grandma has been in the hospital since before Christmas. She started out needing her gallbladder taken out (it was bad, if it had gone a few more days it would’ve killed her). She ended up in ICU because they thought she had blood clots and couldn’t do surgery until they fixed that. They couldn’t do laproscopic (sp?) surgery because the gallbladder was so bad, so they had to completely open her up and do major surgery. She’s 83, so that’s a pretty big deal at her age. Well, several days after the surgery, she was just not improving. In fact, it seemed like she was getting worse. She was getting less and less responsive, got a UTI, possibly fluid in her lungs etc, etc. Well, the other day I went to the hospital because we really thought this was it. When I got there, family members were crying, she was almost completely unresponsive, she was worse than the night before when I left.

Well, the night before my mom and I had suggested that we pray the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy after praying the rosary, and discovered that most of my family members were not familiar with this devotion at all. So, I decided the next day I was going to bring my DM pamphlets with me, along with a rosary, and leave them in the hospital room so that the whole family could learn the chaplet. So I brought it in with me and after awhile I pulled it out of my purse and showed it to my uncle. He showed a lot of interest in it and we both sat down at grandma’s bedside and prayed the chaplet. After we were done, they came and got her and took her down to X-ray to insert a feeding tube. All they did was insert the tube, as far as I’m aware they didn’t do anything else to her down there. When they brought her back, grandma was AWAKE and TALKING! We were all shocked at how much improvement she had made in that one hour she was gone! Later on that night, I realized that my uncle and I had prayed the chaplet immediately before she started waking up! I really believe that Jesus gave us a miracle because I was trying to spread this devotion and teach it to my family members. Grandma has been improving ever since and I just want to praise Jesus and thank Him and let all you know how powerful this chaplet is! Spread the word! 🙂
 
I really believe that Jesus gave us a miracle because I was trying to spread this devotion and teach it to my family members. Grandma has been improving ever since and I just want to praise Jesus and thank Him and let all you know how powerful this chaplet is! Spread the word! 🙂
How wonderful that your grandmother’s health is so improved! Praise God! 😃

Spreading the word of His Divine Mercy is something He called on St. Faustina and all of us to do, so keep sharing! 👍

A friend’s girlfriend’s mother was in the hospital dying and I gave him the DM pamphlet and small image to give to her (the dying woman is Catholic, but our friend and his girlfriend aren’t to my knowledge). I didn’t know if he’d just throw it away or share it, but he did share it. A group of them were praying the chaplet when she died – what a blessing.

Jesus said these words to St. Faustina (as recorded in her Diary – quoted from thedivinemercy.org/message/devotions/image.php :
Paint an image according to the pattern you see, with the signature: Jesus, I trust in You. I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish. I also promise victory over [its] enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I Myself will defend it as My own glory (Diary, 47, 48). I am offering people a vessel with which they are to keep coming for graces to the fountain of mercy. That vessel is this image with the signature: Jesus, I trust in You (327). I desire that this image be venerated, first in your chapel, and [then] throughout the world (47).
I feel so blessed that I was told about the DM, and I’m happy to share it with others. It is such a blessing in my life. :crossrc: :heaven:

God bless!
 
Thank you for sharing your miracle. I believe God grants miracles to be shared with others and to help pass the good news of God’s love.

Hope Grandma keeps improving. Grandmas alone, are one of God’s greatest gifts.
 
I’m trying to learn how to distinguish between a miracle and blessing. I have heard from Catholic Answers LIVE (Summer 2009) that the Church’s definition of a miracle is rather strenuous, namely that it must contradict nature or cannot be explained by nature. A blessing, on the other hand, could be labeled by a skeptic as “a coincidence”, i.e. the events turn out such that our prayer is answered.

So, in the case of OP’s (original poster) grandmother, was it a miracle (the doctors were stunned or surprised and wanted to document the case as highly unusual), or was it a blessing (she might recover, she might not, and turns out she did)?

I wrecked my car on the interstate once, and several events occurred in my favor: the car missed a rain gutter that could have propelled me onto the exit ramp; the car rolled extremely safely; my possessions were essentially fine; the police officer not only didn’t ticket me but drove me the rest of the way to my undergraduate university (20-30 minute drive, I forget how long because I was shaken, tired, stunned; less than an hour but significantly more than ten minutes), putting most of my belongings in his trunk or in the seat beside me (I rode in the back; no passengers can sit up front); etc. I left shaken with a broken thumb nail (long for classical guitar, so I simply cut it with nail clippers later; it was from gripping the steering wheel so tightly). I was dragged out very soon after my car stopped rolling by a truck driver who said, “You better thank God that you’re not dead because that was a miracle.” (The car, a 1982-86? Honda Civic (some year in there) rolled 2.5 times going off the road to the right; I think I decelerated from 70 to roughly 40 mi/hr; all four tires likely popped on the first roll and the car was totaled – I was talking on a cell phone, realized I was drifting, the carved grooves startled me terribly and I overcorrected, jerking the wheel about three times back and forth before going off the road. This was about four years ago, Spring 2006.)

The event is almost incredible that so many bad things did not happen (the ambulance crew were kind of like, “wait, he’s okay?”), but was any of it unexplainable in terms of science? Did any of it defy nature? The first skeptic I told replied, “You were wearing your seatbelt; that’s why you’re still alive.” (It is true that if I wasn’t, my neck would have snapped at the first roll, I realized during the first roll. I mean, imagine falling squarely on your head, upside down; I think I’ve seen the images from crash-test dummy videos as a child in seatbelt promos.) I can’t say whether it was a miracle or a blessing, because I was too close to the event, but I would definitely be sinning if I failed to praise God for the answered prayer (we prayed for my safety for that three-hour drive back to college, commissioned guardian angels around the car, which I claim to have felt, and my mother had a premonition). I don’t make any trips now without Confession and the Eucharist, without being in the state of grace to the best of my knowledge …

I do not intend to derail this thread into a discussion about miracles or about my crash; I only mean to illustrate by example the difficulties of distinguishing whether OP’s event was a miracle (“She should be dead right now! What’s going on?!”) or a blessing (answered prayer, “She had a slim chance of recovery, but she made it. I’m happy for you.”) I mentioned the crash above because big objects give the imagination more concrete detail than the invisible and highly complicated functions of internal organs.

Anyway, congratulations, OP! Let’s pray for a continued recovery for your grandmother. (Edit: So it was two years ago; what’s the deal now? ;))
 
My grandma has been in the hospital since before Christmas. She started out needing her gallbladder taken out (it was bad, if it had gone a few more days it would’ve killed her). She ended up in ICU because they thought she had blood clots and couldn’t do surgery until they fixed that. They couldn’t do laproscopic (sp?) surgery because the gallbladder was so bad, so they had to completely open her up and do major surgery. She’s 83, so that’s a pretty big deal at her age. Well, several days after the surgery, she was just not improving. In fact, it seemed like she was getting worse. She was getting less and less responsive, got a UTI, possibly fluid in her lungs etc, etc. Well, the other day I went to the hospital because we really thought this was it. When I got there, family members were crying, she was almost completely unresponsive, she was worse than the night before when I left.

Well, the night before my mom and I had suggested that we pray the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy after praying the rosary, and discovered that most of my family members were not familiar with this devotion at all. So, I decided the next day I was going to bring my DM pamphlets with me, along with a rosary, and leave them in the hospital room so that the whole family could learn the chaplet. So I brought it in with me and after awhile I pulled it out of my purse and showed it to my uncle. He showed a lot of interest in it and we both sat down at grandma’s bedside and prayed the chaplet. After we were done, they came and got her and took her down to X-ray to insert a feeding tube. All they did was insert the tube, as far as I’m aware they didn’t do anything else to her down there. When they brought her back, grandma was AWAKE and TALKING! We were all shocked at how much improvement she had made in that one hour she was gone! Later on that night, I realized that my uncle and I had prayed the chaplet immediately before she started waking up! I really believe that Jesus gave us a miracle because I was trying to spread this devotion and teach it to my family members. Grandma has been improving ever since and I just want to praise Jesus and thank Him and let all you know how powerful this chaplet is! Spread the word! 🙂
What a wonderful favour.Your grandmother’s age testifies as to how difficult this case would have been. I read somewhere on the internet, testimonies of the marvelous favours that people in the Philippines have received through the Divine Mercy Chaplet. It is so inspiring.

A lady here in Sydney, Australia, was also granted a wonderful favour through the Divine Mercy Devotion. I have put it at this link: Help from Heaven (Answers to Prayer)

It is the fifth story in the (free) online book and it is entitled: An emergency transplant.
 
Hallo,

i am from Poland and there the Chaplet is almost known and prayed by people as the rosary. Thats why i know the chaplet from my 12th year of age. Since 2010 i am praying on a daily basis preferably of course at 15:00.

I read a lot about miracles caused by this prayer, I read, own and know the Diary of s. Faustina. So I am also aware of the promises Jesus gave us in association with the chaplet & novena.

In my case I am praying for two things in regard to my health. These two things are causing a permanent suffering, which affects my personal life dramatically.

For the one health issue I am praying from already 4 years. For the other issue i started praying 3,5 years ago. Like i said at least one chaplet.

And what makes me more and more sad is that nothing happens. Of course I pray for a solution which is in my belief the best, but certainly God has the better, I mean the perfect solution for me. Thats why I am also open to Him to heal my wound and to cure me.

Nothing happend. Nothing is Happening (btw. last week I finished also this year the novena). It is more and more difficult to me to persist in faith. I envy those people which experience the touch of Him after this payers. But I experience only Him as the Silent One, which causes me to suffer in a way, which affects dramatically my whole life.

Honestly God’s Silence hurts me. From time to time after many days of prayers an the feeling of hopefullness I suffer a nervous collapse. This happens because I was emotionally abused in childhood by my parents and grandparents. I was never good enough for their love. This patern now evokes in my relationship with God. I pray, pray and beg Him. I am talking to Him often as follows: “I was abused in childhood, the wound cannot be undone, give me now in my adulthood the chances and stability, every other man has, which I lost through the abuse.” The sad truth is, He allowed them to abuse me and now I feel left alone with the consequences of this abuse now in my adulthood.

I am asking myself why are my prayers so ineffective after 4 years? Am I also for my Father - my Lord not good enough? Dont I deserve His help? I am also His child and i am wounded. I Need Him but He isnt there. I am inviting Him to participate in my life. But the only thing I see is that He is givin the things I am praying for People which dont love Him. Why are People which hate Him, which Insult Him, given these things, I cannot get and which are in fact nothing Special? But He doesnt want to give it to me in prayers. And I am using the “stronges” prayer He taught us. A man who has never experienced love in his life,cant reach God in his prayers - this is me.
 
If you guys are also silent than at least pray for me to get cured.
 
Hallo,

i am from Poland and there the Chaplet is almost known and prayed by people as the rosary. Thats why i know the chaplet from my 12th year of age. Since 2010 i am praying on a daily basis preferably of course at 15:00.

I read a lot about miracles caused by this prayer, I read, own and know the Diary of s. Faustina. So I am also aware of the promises Jesus gave us in association with the chaplet & novena.

In my case I am praying for two things in regard to my health. These two things are causing a permanent suffering, which affects my personal life dramatically.

For the one health issue I am praying from already 4 years. For the other issue i started praying 3,5 years ago. Like i said at least one chaplet.

And what makes me more and more sad is that nothing happens. Of course I pray for a solution which is in my belief the best, but certainly God has the better, I mean the perfect solution for me. Thats why I am also open to Him to heal my wound and to cure me.

Nothing happend. Nothing is Happening (btw. last week I finished also this year the novena). It is more and more difficult to me to persist in faith. I envy those people which experience the touch of Him after this payers. But I experience only Him as the Silent One, which causes me to suffer in a way, which affects dramatically my whole life.

Honestly God’s Silence hurts me. From time to time after many days of prayers an the feeling of hopefullness I suffer a nervous collapse. This happens because I was emotionally abused in childhood by my parents and grandparents. I was never good enough for their love. This patern now evokes in my relationship with God. I pray, pray and beg Him. I am talking to Him often as follows: “I was abused in childhood, the wound cannot be undone, give me now in my adulthood the chances and stability, every other man has, which I lost through the abuse.” The sad truth is, He allowed them to abuse me and now I feel left alone with the consequences of this abuse now in my adulthood.

I am asking myself why are my prayers so ineffective after 4 years? Am I also for my Father - my Lord not good enough? Dont I deserve His help? I am also His child and i am wounded. I Need Him but He isnt there. I am inviting Him to participate in my life. But the only thing I see is that He is givin the things I am praying for People which dont love Him. Why are People which hate Him, which Insult Him, given these things, I cannot get and which are in fact nothing Special? But He doesnt want to give it to me in prayers. And I am using the “stronges” prayer He taught us. A man who has never experienced love in his life,cant reach God in his prayers - this is me.
As one who also suffered emotional and psychological abuse from family members, I can understand your pain. I envy you your knowledge of the chaplet and of the precious soul that is St. Faustina. I only learned of her in my 5th decade of life. I was in a desert most of that time, learning about God, piecemeal. Don’t give up on God, He does not give up on us.

I forgave my family long ago. The Lord has given me miracles, lots of blessings. Try wiping your slate, He wants to renew you, bless you, let go, and let God.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top